Shola Ameobi

Keefaz

Honestly, I hate him. I think he's given up on football. I don't think he enjoys playing. I don't think he cares about winning. Nicky Butt had the same issues but had an amount of professionalism that ensured he gave a bit back to the club.

I don't normally make threads like this, but I honestly don't know why he's (still) at the club.

Honestly, I hate him. I think he's given up on football. I don't think he enjoys playing. I don't think he cares about winning. Nicky Butt had the same issues but had an amount of professionalism that ensured he gave a bit back to the club.

I don't normally make threads like this, but I honestly don't know why he's (still) at the club.

:lol:

I agree, he's hopeless.

He's been laid back and had that languid style of play since he first came onto the scene though really. I can't remember many times other than his first 9 or 10 games when he actually busted a gut and looked like he was trying.

I think his main problem is that he's a good finisher but he's utterly fucking shit at everything else, a bit like the twat who nets 13 goals when you play at the park despite having no ability other than a good shot.

As for why he's at the club, it's because no-one is mental enough to buy him other than Ipswich the other year where he failed his medical.

Bit random.

See what you mean though, he's a terrible footballer and probably about League 1 quality in all honesty. It's one of life's great mysteries how he's made a career at Newcastle Utd for as long as he has.

Had he stayed fit throughout last season,he'd probably have scored 25 goals though.He's a Championship striker imo.

Bit random.

See what you mean though, he's a terrible footballer and probably about League 1 quality in all honesty. It's one of life's great mysteries how he's made a career at Newcastle Utd for as long as he has.

Was inspired by the footage I just saw from the Accrington Stanley game. :lol:

Depends on what we're paying him. He lacks drive and passion true...but he still scores important goals and sometimes shows surprisingly good skill. If he was starting every game I'd understand people being pissed off but it's not the case.

Shola's Shola. He's fucking useless but he can do a job and every now and again shows something.

Got no idea what he's going to do when he retires though. Can you imagine what he'll be up to between the ages of 35 -70? The cunt will be as mad as a pan of crabs. 

He's been laid back and had that languid style of play since he first came onto the scene though really. I can't remember many times other than his first 9 or 10 games when he actually busted a gut and looked like he was trying.

I think his main problem is that he's a good finisher but he's utterly f***ing s*** at everything else, a bit like the t*** who nets 13 goals when you play at the park despite having no ability other than a good shot.

As for why he's at the club, it's because no-one is mental enough to buy him other than Ipswich the other year where he failed his medical.

Kinnear seemed to put a rocket up his arse, which lasted about five minutes. He had all the tools to be a decent striker but just ambles around with a cheshire cat grin on his face. Complete waste.

Surely he must be out of contract soon?

Shola's Shola. He's fucking useless but he can do a job and every now and again shows something.

Got no idea what he's going to do when he retires though. Can you imagine what he'll be up to between the ages of 35 -70? The cunt will be as mad as a pan of crabs.   

Very wealthy.

Last night he just strolled about like he was too good for the occasion. I absolutely hate the way he seems to put no effort in as well, it's like he thinks he's Berbatov and doesn't have to do all that. Difference is Berbatov can control the fucking ball you tosser.

Very wealthy.

He'll buy a solid platinum hat. Probably slip a disc wearing it.

Last night he just strolled about like he was too good for the occasion. I absolutely hate the way he seems to put no effort in as well, it's like he thinks he's Berbatov and doesn't have to do all that. Difference is Berbatov can control the fucking ball you tosser.

The goal he scored did require a certain amount of control.

He still gets criticised purely for being Shola mind. Im resigned to the fact hes on a rolling 3 year contract and will be here until hes 40. Fine by me tbh, hes comedy gold. That walking on air compilation ;D

That's Captain Ameobi to you.

http://i38.tinypic.com/5otdtw.jpg

http://static.flickr.com/42/81440640_8c3352f5e3_o.jpg

He just looks so languid and uninterested doesn't he. Odd choice for captain last night I thought.