SSN: Charles N'Zogbia to the mackems off

Tooj

In a five-man midfield it would mean that one of Barton, Nolan and Jonas would've to sit down. A bit of rotation never hurts. Zoggy in the middle, Barton in the middle, Nolan in the middle, doesn't really matter, all that matter is that N'Zogbia and a new class strike would make us a top half team for many years. We'd still need a new CB and possibly new RB to even consider challenging for Europe in the league though.

Midfield with; Guthrie, Barton, Nolan, Tiote, HBA, Jonas, Zoggy + new backup DM (Reo-Coker?!?) Wouldn't be to shabby.

But we all know this isn't going to happen. So whatever...

I don't think Zoggy's attitude is that poor TBH, at least I don't have much reason to think that. We mismanaged him terribly the first time around.

The same could have been said of Milner yet contrast his attitude to N'Zogbia's...

Not sure we mismanaged Milner really, he might have been better played centrally but most managers seem to think he's a winger.

Zoggy was the most promising talent we'd had for ages and we fucked it up by signing a Chelsea has-been.

I don't think Zoggy's attitude is that poor TBH, at least I don't have much reason to think that. We mismanaged him terribly the first time around.

The same could have been said of Milner yet contrast his attitude to N'Zogbia's...

Not sure we mismanaged Milner really, he might have been better played centrally but most managers seem to think he's a winger.

Zoggy was the most promising talent we'd had for ages and we f***ed it up by signing a Chelsea has-been.

Remember telling everyone Zoggy was the new Zidane, sure I was 14-15 and a fucking retard, but still, loved Zoggy.

are these "rumours" more likely to be true than the usual yeah whatever ones? Or is it just us who want him so badly that we choose to believe in them more than usual? Quite a few pages now i mean, and don't get me wrong i want this to go through.

That goal against Blackburn still sticks in my mind. The one where he pwned Friedel badly.

The one against Fulham after that dismal start to the campaign where he scored that free-kick that earned us our first point of the season.

Guest je85

This whole "but where would x play?" question is silly. Seldom is a first choice 11 all available, after an injury here and a suspension there the midfield will begin to select itself.

This is what I want:

Barton   Tiote   N'Zogbia   Jonas

Ben Arfa

Best

Or:

Jonas   Tiote   N'Zogbia   Ben Arfa

New Striker   Best

We'd p*ss the league. And it would only take 2 or 3 additions to the first Xl.

Thats sexy as fuck tbh

This is what I want:

Barton   Tiote   N'Zogbia   Jonas

Ben Arfa

Best

Or:

Jonas   Tiote   N'Zogbia   Ben Arfa

New Striker   Best

Thats sexy as fuck tbh

Apart from the fact that at least 1 new striker is essential.

Start with Best next season and goals will be hard to come by, imo  :sadnod:

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Jonas  Tiote  N'Zogbia  Ben Arfa

New Striker  Best

That's fucking awesome. We could kill teams on the break with that. Proper athleticism.

Tbf on Leon Best he's yet to have a poor patch in the Premiership, granted he's only played a dozen games or so. I certainly think we would have scored a few more had he been in the said instead of Shola and Lovelyhands, and if nothing else he offers good mobility up front.

Would love us to bring in a proven striker of real quality though.

I wouldn't be going into the season with Best as our main striker, no chance. For all we know that could have been a purple patch. There's no denying his form prior to injury, it was decent, but i still remember the Leon Best that played for us in the Championship. It'd be very naive going into the season with him as the main man, and i highly doubt it'll happen.

I wouldn't be going into the season with Best as our main striker, no chance. For all we know that could have been a purple patch. There's no denying his form prior to injury, it was decent, but i still remember the Leon Best that played for us in the Championship. It'd be very naive going into the season with him as the main man, and i highly doubt it'll happen.

Absolutely, it would be insane to rely on Best in any way.

Awww man, I'm really getting my hopes up now. Its an extra reason to hope Wigan go down, and Sewelly's idea of chucking in Routledge is good. The idea of adding N'Zogbia and Rondon to our weaponry is drool-worthy. And given the choice between us and Sunderland, he'd pick us, just like 80% of players would.

Fair point like

I also think Best has goals in him, he takes up too many good positions for it to be a purple patch. Still don't think we can rely on him to be our main striker though. We need a forward who the opposition will fear and that means someone who's a class above Best.

I can't believe people are buying into Ronaldo's overboard endorsement of Best. Done a decent job in a few games and surprised us all, but to suggest he could/should be a starter next season is mental IMO. Not if we want to do anything, anyway.

In any case we need different options up front. We have plenty of big clumsy strikers who aren't good enough, we could really use a fast powerful type who is a proper goal scorer as opposed to a target man.