Transfer rumours

Yorkie

Guest Howaythetoon

Abraham would be an excellent signing even smashing our record, young and has all the attributes. Rafa has a lot to work with there and again although a top goal scorer would be nice, I can forget that if a striker’s all-round game gives us so much more and helps the team more ala Bellamy when Sir Bobby signed him.

Exciting times lads and lasses. Making sure we have momentum going into the new season :lol: :lol: :( Last season the players had some momentum from winning the Championship, the willingness and hunger to show that they can do reasonably well in our first season back. Now I find it hard to believe that the players feel like we can build on from that. No backing for Rafa, unhappy fans. Why should/will the players show any ambition and desire when the people running the club dont do it. Rafa is an amazing manager and man, but I think even he will struggle really hard to do as well as last season, especially with other teams at least trying. Also, the players probably realize by now that Rafa wont stay after this season. But yeah, if anyone can get something out of the players it's Rafa, but it will be tough..

Guest covmag

Exciting times lads and lasses. Making sure we have momentum going into the new season :lol: :lol: :( Last season the players had some momentum from winning the Championship, the willingness and hunger to show that they can do reasonably well in our first season back. Now I find it hard to believe that the players feel like we can build on from that. No backing for Rafa, unhappy fans. Why should/will the players show any ambition and desire when the people running the club dont do it. Rafa is an amazing manager and man, but I think even he will struggle really hard to do as well as last season, especially with other teams at least trying. Also, the players probably realize by now that Rafa wont stay after this season. But yeah, if anyone can get something out of the players it's Rafa, but it will be tough..

is there a poll out yet for where we think we will finish?

That's the thing, this is merely to compete.

Our only hope is that we hold off relegation for a few years - write those seasons off - and pray for a hero to eventually buy us off Ashley. Then we can compete again, maybe pull off coups like Seri, Schurrle, Felipe Anderson etc. Just hang on for a while :(

Ashley doing his best to get rid of Rafa and get a cheap yes man in. Rafa came in and gave the fans hope and belief that maybe this club can get somewhere under him even with only decent backing. I doubt Mike expected Rafa to become this popular and convince (make us believe) the fans that this club can and should be so much more. The cunt doesn’t like this, as he prefers the fans quiet and in total apathy.

Still can't quite believe this transfer window is happening. Even my pessimistic mind thought we would sign a couple of players on top of Dubravka and Kenedy. It's utter insanity.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/16375043.rafael-benitez-the-current-squad-is-not-good-enough-we-have-to-make-signings/

“Is the current squad good enough for what we need? I don’t think so,” said Benitez, who has put forward Fabian Schar and Salomon Rondon as two realistically-priced targets. “It needs additions, that is clear. It is clear what we have to do.

“There could be a new signing in time for Portugal (Newcastle leave on Friday), but then I was expecting things before. As I have said before, if we have new players coming it will be good, it will be better than nothing.

“As a manager, you would have liked to have seen these players one month ago, but if we can do something it will be better than nothing.”

When asked whether there was money available in the wake of Chancel Mbemba’s £6m move to Porto, Benitez pointedly replied: “Ask Lee Charnley”.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/16375043.rafael-benitez-the-current-squad-is-not-good-enough-we-have-to-make-signings/

“Is the current squad good enough for what we need? I don’t think so,” said Benitez, who has put forward Fabian Schar and Salomon Rondon as two realistically-priced targets. “It needs additions, that is clear. It is clear what we have to do.

“There could be a new signing in time for Portugal (Newcastle leave on Friday), but then I was expecting things before. As I have said before, if we have new players coming it will be good, it will be better than nothing.

“As a manager, you would have liked to have seen these players one month ago, but if we can do something it will be better than nothing.”

When asked whether there was money available in the wake of Chancel Mbemba’s £6m move to Porto, Benitez pointedly replied: “Ask Lee Charnley”.

Actually thought you'd edited that last line in

Almost hoping we get no one in now, just to add fuel to the fire. Or maybe more than a spark at least. Whatever we might do is going to be far far far from enough anyway.

What the fuck is going on?  :lol: