Transfer rumours

Yorkie

Can't remember the last time he played.

Yet....

I'd possibly pay £20m for Ings, medical allowing.

(In today's market)

Who’s played 14 times since 2015  :laugh2:

this is a world where even if you need to sell some players to help balance the books you don't fucking advertise it to the entire world, then you can start negotiations from a position of strength

We aren't selling players to balance the books, we're selling to buy. And the only person who has advertised this is Rafa as it's his way of forcing MA's hand in the contract negotiations which is rightly a bigger issue than this window.

no that point was about liverpool specifically as they've spent loads of cash and if they do need to ship a few players now for their balance sheet/wage bill they're smart enough to get the players they want first so selling clubs can't force their hand

That is Ashley all over for you though. Would rather have a guaranteed  positive bank balance every year than risk going into the red by having two players on the books for a month longer than necessary. Except when we get relegated it seems, then of course there's no option but to invest something just to get back on the gravy train.

Chelsea say Tammy Abraham can be had for 'around £15 million'

Now that would be great business IMO.

He's shit.

This is why we never get nice things :lol:

Kenedy was 'shit' last year too apparently.

Just because he hasn't broken through yet, does not make him 'shit'.

Such a simple way of looking at things.

Kenedy was quite unproven, some people thought he was shit simply because he hadn't gotten any game time.  In this case the players had game time and he's about as prolific a goal scorer as Joselu..  I mean he might improve a lot but right now he's a bit shit like.

Kenedy was quite unproven, some people thought he was shit simply because he hadn't gotten any game time.  In this case the players had game time and he's about as prolific a goal scorer as Joselu..  I mean he might improve a lot but right now he's a bit shit like.

I'd bet on him doing really well under Rafa due to his major success in the Championship, his fantastic physical attributes and his pedigree. Not to mention the fact Rafa rates him.

I certainly would not be writing him off after a season at Swansea where most players underperformed, he wasn't played consistently and they changed managers.

Think it would actually be very smart to get him now when he is being overlooked due to the circumstances last year.

No point waiting till he does well again and everyone wants him , and then we have no chance. Similar to what happened with Loftus-Cheek last year.

i'd absolutely take a gamble on abraham at this stage for that price like, jesus it shouldn't even be a question given rafa had him lined up last summer

swansea were fucking pish, not reading anything into his spell there

we'll not be interested

He's shit.

No, Kenedy had a very good half-season for us when he was here. Abraham had a full, shit season at Swansea. He hardly improved their fortunes and couldn't get a game ahead of Jordan Ayew because he wasn't good enough, so why would he change ours?

If Tammy Abraham is your idea of 'nice things' you unfortunately have had your expectations dampened that much by Mike Ashley that you see that as "great business". I would argue that's an even more simple way of looking at things.

Abraham at £15m is more than decent value in today's market, especially when some on here seem to think Gayle could fetch that sort of fee. He's big, fast and has an eye for goal. More importantly, I think he'd fit Rafa's style of play perfectly.

Abraham at £15m is more than decent value in today's market, especially when some on here seem to think Gayle could fetch that sort of fee. He's big, fast and has an eye for goal. More importantly, I think he'd fit Rafa's style of play perfectly.

I do worry he's the next Carlton Cole I have to admit.

Didn't he start off quite well and Swansea and then get injured and never really got going again. If we got anywhere near 15 for Gayle and brought in Abraham that would be good business in my mind.

He's shit.

No, Kenedy had a very good half-season for us when he was here. Abraham had a full, shit season at Swansea. He hardly improved their fortunes and couldn't get a game ahead of Jordan Ayew because he wasn't good enough, so why would he change ours?

If Tammy Abraham is your idea of 'nice things' you unfortunately have had your expectations dampened that much by Mike Ashley that you see that as "great business". I would argue that's an even more simple way of looking at things.

Kenedy had done nothing in the league whatsoever before joining us, and a good few said it was a desperate signing and he was rubbish. Rafa rated him though.

Now everyone loves him and is upset that the club won't pay £30 million for him.

The same manager Rafa rates Abraham the same way, and actually prioritised him last summer as the striker to bring in early and straight away. Didn't he skip a wedding or somethign to go and see Abraham to convince him? Something barmy like that anyway.

I'd rather trust Rafa's judgement thank you very much. He was at Chelsea and knows a lot about those young players. I have no doubt Abraham would be a fantastic signing at that price, and Rafa would get the most out of him.

I mean ... I find this all so ridiculous. It's such short sighted thinking to be writing that player off, but you go ahead.