Transfer rumours

Yorkie

I'd possibly pay £20m for Ings, medical allowing.

(In today's market)

That's the kind of transfer where you should opt for a season long loan deal with an obligation to purchase for £20m if the player makes it through 3/4 of the season unscathed.  Then it might turn out to be good business.

this is a world where even if you need to sell some players to help balance the books you don't fucking advertise it to the entire world, then you can start negotiations from a position of strength

We aren't selling players to balance the books, we're selling to buy. And the only person who has advertised this is Rafa as it's his way of forcing MA's hand in the contract negotiations which is rightly a bigger issue than this window.

this is a world where even if you need to sell some players to help balance the books you don't fucking advertise it to the entire world, then you can start negotiations from a position of strength

We aren't selling players to balance the books, we're selling to buy. And the only person who has advertised this is Rafa as it's his way of forcing MA's hand in the contract negotiations which is rightly a bigger issue than this window.

no that point was about liverpool specifically as they've spent loads of cash and if they do need to ship a few players now for their balance sheet/wage bill they're smart enough to get the players they want first so selling clubs can't force their hand

Fat Spanish waiter out

Fat Spanish waiter out

Grow up. Rafa is the best thing to happen to us in years. But what I said was correct. He plays the political game too- did the same at other clubs.

We're selling to pay for the next relegation.

Fat Spanish waiter out

Grow up. Rafa is the best thing to happen to us in years. But what I said was correct. He plays the political game too- did the same at other clubs.

He's having to. What other option does he have?

Not much- but I was stating a fact, which you decided meant I clearly wanted Rafa out. He's the one who publicly said we had to sell to buy. Anyway, this is all minor in the grand scheme of things.

Not much- but I was stating a fact, which you decided meant I clearly wanted Rafa out. He's the one who publicly said we had to sell to buy. Anyway, this is all minor in the grand scheme of things.

I think actually having the policy of selling to buy is the issue, not the fact that Rafa has told the press.

I think actually having the policy of selling to buy is the issue, not the fact that Rafa has told the press.

mrmojorisin75 raised it as the issue, not me

well while i agree with shearer i didn't raise it in the way you've said, fwiw