Emil Krafth signs one-year contract extension (Official)

Nobody

Same old argument we've had for years under Ashley. We currently have 1 or 2 shit players in a position then a further underwhelming player comes in so he must be better then the previous shite based on a shred of game time here, despite player 3 being bang mediocre so far in their career to date. Player 3 then inevitably goes to be just as shite if not shiter then player 1 and player 2.

Sports Direct FC folks.

Think this was a good signing. Don’t rate Yedlin(remember that Willian goal?) and Manquillo is strictly a defender. Think this’ll prove to be a good one in the long run. I like this guy’s size, the fact that he basically has an assist(Schar - Watford) and had the balls to find himself in the box vs Norwich and get a shot off. Played 85 minutes in a World Cup quarter final.

How many times does Yedlin just float a ball into the box? Rarely. He needs it to be played to him while he’s running on to it and then chip it in from the byline. This guy’ll just put them in from wherever he’s at. I’d rather that. Carroll and Joelinton will too I’m sure.

He was the worst player on the pitch that game  :lol:

Krafth is an average Championship player at best. Hopefully he can improve.

Yedlin's a Championship player. Manquillo is, too. He's the best of a bad bunch IMO. I liked his calmness on the ball. Checked his WC record and it wasn't as good as I expected. Didn't play in any of the group stage games and then came off th bench in the 80 something minute in the second round and then the 85 mins in the QF. Sweeden did finish top of that group, though, so experience...

Okay. Not sure if serious. You think Krafth is the best RB at the club based on only three games?

I have confidence he can be because the other two are so weak. Plus, he is starting ahead of Manquillo, no?

It depends if you trust in Steve Bruce's judgement. Jury is still out for me, him preferring Krafth means nothing at the moment. I doubt Bruce would have picked Willems if Ritchie had been fit, but he did pretty well as a wing back for me.

Think this was a good signing. Don’t rate Yedlin(remember that Willian goal?) and Manquillo is strictly a defender. Think this’ll prove to be a good one in the long run. I like this guy’s size, the fact that he basically has an assist(Schar - Watford) and had the balls to find himself in the box vs Norwich and get a shot off. Played 85 minutes in a World Cup quarter final.

How many times does Yedlin just float a ball into the box? Rarely. He needs it to be played to him while he’s running on to it and then chip it in from the byline. This guy’ll just put them in from wherever he’s at. I’d rather that. Carroll and Joelinton will too I’m sure.

Yedlin's a Championship player. Manquillo is, too. He's the best of a bad bunch IMO. I liked his calmness on the ball. Checked his WC record and it wasn't as good as I expected. Didn't play in any of the group stage games and then came off th bench in the 80 something minute in the second round and then the 85 mins in the QF. Sweeden did finish top of that group, though, so experience...

Okay. Not sure if serious. You think Krafth is the best RB at the club based on only three games?

I have confidence he can be because the other two are so weak. Plus, he is starting ahead of Manquillo, no?

Krafth is a Bruce signing. Nickson and Bruce convinced Ashley to spend the extra £1m-£2m on him. Of course he is starting.

I’ve seen almost every game with Manquillo or Yedlin in it (at NUFC) and I’ve also followed Krafth since his days at Östers IF. Don’t know why people think Krafth is the best option of them :rolleyes: Because he’s a Swedish international? Because he’s tall for a full back? Because he speaks very good English?

Anyway... according to himself his best position is at right wingback with freedom to join the attack. Always looking to improve his game, has good technique and strenght. But remember, he struggled at Bologna and is second choice at right back in the Swedish national team after Mikael Lustig.

Krafth was being scouted before Bruce took over, Nickson didn’t scout him but he will have had to recommend the signing to Charnley.

Don’t know if Nickson scouted him, but Nickson (and Bruce) convinced the board to sign him.

Krafth was being scouted before Bruce took over, Nickson didn’t scout him but he will have had to recommend the signing to Charnley.

Don’t know if Nickson scouted him, but Nickson (and Bruce) convinced the board to sign him.

👍

Krafth is a Bruce signing. Nickson and Bruce convinced Ashley to spend the extra £1m-£2m on him. Of course he is starting.

I’ve seen almost every game with Manquillo or Yedlin in it (at NUFC) and I’ve also followed Krafth since his days at Östers IF. Don’t know why people think Krafth is the best option of them :rolleyes: Because he’s a Swedish international? Because he’s tall for a full back? Because he speaks very good English?

Anyway... according to himself his best position is at right wingback with freedom to join the attack. Always looking to improve his game, has good technique and strenght. But remember, he struggled at Bologna and is second choice at right back in the Swedish national team after Mikael Lustig.

Well at least he actually considers himself a wing back who likes to join the attack, which is what we need if we are going to go with the 3-5-2 system.  Maybe he'll improve as his confidence grows.

• 2 weeks later...