Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

My 'I can't believe he still plays for them' 'What exactly does he do?' 'Modern Day Clogger' Eleven

Asmir Begovic

Joel Ward  Phil Jones  Mamadou Sakho  Luke Shaw

Shane Long  Nacho Ki Sung Yeong  Demarai Grey

Calvert Lewin  Javier Hernandez

Begovic - started 24 games for Bournemouth last year. He's 32. I thought he was 36. Doesn't look like he's starting anymore. Ramsdale has been in nets for them this time around. I remember him being quite decent for Stoke before leaving to Chelsea to sit on their bench.

Joel Ward. Thought about Aaron Wan Bisaka here. Because it's weird for a full back to be defensive nowadays. And also, I feel like no matter what offensive contributions, AWB makes, he'll always be classed as a defensive player. But gone for Joel Ward. Had no idea he had played so many PL games.

Phil Jones - What is this guy good at? How has he managed to stay at Man Utd so long? He wasn't even that good for Blackburn. He has 27 England caps and is still only 27. Crazy to think there's still more of Phil Jones to come.

Mamadou Sakho - Is he any good? I'm never quite sure. Was shocked to see he was apart of the Liverpool team that almost won the Premier League in 2014. He also had quite a significant playing career with PSG. 29 Years old. Thought he was younger.

Luke Shaw - Could have sworn Luke Shaw was like 5'6. Apparently he's 6'1. He doesn't play like he's 6'1. He's always slumped forward, looks out of shape. Now that Man Utd are getting their defense together, it wouldn't surprise me if this guy's position is under evaluation. He's been under performing for years.

Shane Long - Putting him on the wing. Sure he won't mind. His numbers are staggering for a striker.

Nacho(Real Madrid) - The Nicky Butt of Real Madrid. What does this do? The John Obi Mikel type. Has 22 caps for Spain. Scored that goal against Portugal.

Ki Sung Yeong - Just one of those 'don't really do much' midfielders. If you were assembling your best 11 of current Newcastle players, you'd probably leave him out. Always forget he plays for us.

Demarai Grey - Is he actually good? Like is he? With all the new editions Leicester have made, feel like Grey is the odd man out. Should consider becoming a RWB to get more out of his career.

Dominic Calvert Lewin - Calvert Lewin starts a lot of games for Everton but never looks like scoring. Feel like if Sunderland were still in the Premier League, they'd be looking to splash their entire transfer budget on a player like him. Can't believe Everton are looking to get into the top six with a player like him starting games.

Javier Hernandez - Flukey goals, I mean his movement is absolutely brilliant but aren't you always surprised when this guy gets on the scoresheet? I am. Feel like every year I'm expecting this guy to go to the MLS. Thought it'd be this year. Surely next year then.

Anyone else? Is it just me who thinks about things like this? Yes? Ok, I'll get back to work now then.

Luke Shaw was our player of the year. :facepalm:

Dion Dublin reckons Pukki will get between 16-20 goals this season :icon_scratch:

He scored 30 last year. It's hardly a crazy prediction.

:laugh:

Probably the most crazy prediction I’ve ever heard.

3 for Pukki already.

My 'I can't believe he still plays for them' 'What exactly does he do?' 'Modern Day Clogger' Eleven

Asmir Begovic

Begovic - started 24 games for Bournemouth last year. He's 32. I thought he was 36. Doesn't look like he's starting anymore. Ramsdale has been in nets for them this time around. I remember him being quite decent for Stoke before leaving to Chelsea to sit on their bench.

Joel Ward. Thought about Aaron Wan Bisaka here. Because it's weird for a full back to be defensive nowadays. And also, I feel like no matter what offensive contributions, AWB makes, he'll always be classed as a defensive player. But gone for Joel Ward. Had no idea he had played so many PL games.

Phil Jones - What is this guy good at? How has he managed to stay at Man Utd so long? He wasn't even that good for Blackburn. He has 27 England caps and is still only 27. Crazy to think there's still more of Phil Jones to come.

Mamadou Sakho - Is he any good? I'm never quite sure. Was shocked to see he was apart of the Liverpool team that almost won the Premier League in 2014. He also had quite a significant playing career with PSG. 29 Years old. Thought he was younger.

Luke Shaw - Could have sworn Luke Shaw was like 5'6. Apparently he's 6'1. He doesn't play like he's 6'1. He's always slumped forward, looks out of shape. Now that Man Utd are getting their defense together, it wouldn't surprise me if this guy's position is under evaluation. He's been under performing for years.

Shane Long - Putting him on the wing. Sure he won't mind. His numbers are staggering for a striker.

Nacho(Real Madrid) - The Nicky Butt of Real Madrid. What does this do? The John Obi Mikel type. Has 22 caps for Spain. Scored that goal against Portugal.

Ki Sung Yeong - Just one of those 'don't really do much' midfielders. If you were assembling your best 11 of current Newcastle players, you'd probably leave him out. Always forget he plays for us.

Demarai Grey - Is he actually good? Like is he? With all the new editions Leicester have made, feel like Grey is the odd man out. Should consider becoming a RWB to get more out of his career.

Dominic Calvert Lewin - Calvert Lewin starts a lot of games for Everton but never looks like scoring. Feel like if Sunderland were still in the Premier League, they'd be looking to splash their entire transfer budget on a player like him. Can't believe Everton are looking to get into the top six with a player like him starting games.

Javier Hernandez - Flukey goals, I mean his movement is absolutely brilliant but aren't you always surprised when this guy gets on the scoresheet? I am. Feel like every year I'm expecting this guy to go to the MLS. Thought it'd be this year. Surely next year then.

Anyone else? Is it just me who thinks about things like this? Yes? Ok, I'll get back to work now then.

And you were an average, clogger side.

Asmir Begovic

Don't kid yourself son. We're not the Man United of old but we were challenging for the top four until the last couple of games of the season. That's not average like your West Hams/Bournemouths/Newcastles.

Asmir Begovic

Don't kid yourself son. We're not the Man United of old but we were challenging for the top four until the last couple of games of the season. That's not average like your West Hams/Bournemouths/Newcastles.

Get him.

Oleeee at the wheeeel

Asmir Begovic

Very generous to group us in with those like  :lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

Asmir Begovic

Er, here, don’t drag Newcastle into this, like fuck are they as average as West Ham or Bournemouth. The comparison is unfair... on those clubs. Comparing them to Newcastle would be like comparing Man Utd to them...

Man Utd are not the team they were and as a club they are behind others now, but that’s down to poor recruitment. Managers and players. They are only just about able to cling onto the challenge to get into the top 4 because they can fix any disparity between them and others who are better managed and coached by outspending them. That can easily change appointing the wrong man as evidenced with Moyes. Sack OGS and do what NUFC dud after Bobby and appoint a Souness, let’s jut say Steve Bruce, and the fall from 4th would be massive.

Whether OGS is gonna keep them in the top 4 and return them to challenging for titles and European glory or not, the odds of someone else doing that would be no higher all the same, not while the club continues to invest poorly in player recruitment.

Which for OGS is just enough to enable him to cling on ahead of others. Nowhere near enough to challenge though, OGS or not, Mourinho or not.