Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

Has anyone subscribed to the Athletic yet?

Yes you can get a free trial.

It’s alright, decent reports, doubt I would pay a tenner a month though

£2.50 a month with the deal. It's 100% worth it.

There a link for that deal?

How do you get 2.50 a month after a trial?

Is that paid in one lump?

Has anyone subscribed to the Athletic yet?

Yes you can get a free trial.

It’s alright, decent reports, doubt I would pay a tenner a month though

£2.50 a month with the deal. It's 100% worth it.

There a link for that deal?

How do you get 2.50 a month after a trial?

Is that paid in one lump?

Free month,  then the £30 lump sum for 12 months. Links all over twitter for the 50% off.

I'd happily recommend every episode cos it's comfortably the best football podcast out there imo, but the latest Set Piece Menu really hits the subject matter on the nose and is really worth a listen (ep 142, Betting).

My 'I can't believe he still plays for them' 'What exactly does he do?' 'Modern Day Clogger' Eleven

Asmir Begovic

Joel Ward  Phil Jones  Mamadou Sakho  Luke Shaw

Shane Long  Nacho Ki Sung Yeong  Demarai Grey

Calvert Lewin  Javier Hernandez

Begovic - started 24 games for Bournemouth last year. He's 32. I thought he was 36. Doesn't look like he's starting anymore. Ramsdale has been in nets for them this time around. I remember him being quite decent for Stoke before leaving to Chelsea to sit on their bench.

Joel Ward. Thought about Aaron Wan Bisaka here. Because it's weird for a full back to be defensive nowadays. And also, I feel like no matter what offensive contributions, AWB makes, he'll always be classed as a defensive player. But gone for Joel Ward. Had no idea he had played so many PL games.

Phil Jones - What is this guy good at? How has he managed to stay at Man Utd so long? He wasn't even that good for Blackburn. He has 27 England caps and is still only 27. Crazy to think there's still more of Phil Jones to come.

Mamadou Sakho - Is he any good? I'm never quite sure. Was shocked to see he was apart of the Liverpool team that almost won the Premier League in 2014. He also had quite a significant playing career with PSG. 29 Years old. Thought he was younger.

Luke Shaw - Could have sworn Luke Shaw was like 5'6. Apparently he's 6'1. He doesn't play like he's 6'1. He's always slumped forward, looks out of shape. Now that Man Utd are getting their defense together, it wouldn't surprise me if this guy's position is under evaluation. He's been under performing for years.

Shane Long - Putting him on the wing. Sure he won't mind. His numbers are staggering for a striker.

Nacho(Real Madrid) - The Nicky Butt of Real Madrid. What does this do? The John Obi Mikel type. Has 22 caps for Spain. Scored that goal against Portugal.

Ki Sung Yeong - Just one of those 'don't really do much' midfielders. If you were assembling your best 11 of current Newcastle players, you'd probably leave him out. Always forget he plays for us.

Demarai Grey - Is he actually good? Like is he? With all the new editions Leicester have made, feel like Grey is the odd man out. Should consider becoming a RWB to get more out of his career.

Dominic Calvert Lewin - Calvert Lewin starts a lot of games for Everton but never looks like scoring. Feel like if Sunderland were still in the Premier League, they'd be looking to splash their entire transfer budget on a player like him. Can't believe Everton are looking to get into the top six with a player like him starting games.

Javier Hernandez - Flukey goals, I mean his movement is absolutely brilliant but aren't you always surprised when this guy gets on the scoresheet? I am. Feel like every year I'm expecting this guy to go to the MLS. Thought it'd be this year. Surely next year then.

Anyone else? Is it just me who thinks about things like this? Yes? Ok, I'll get back to work now then.

Ridiculous to call Ki a clogger. He’s clever, good passer and good movement.

I'd say his movement is "intelligent" rather than "good" - he's so slow that his speed of mind barely compensates for the speed of his legs.

Ridiculous to call Ki a clogger. He’s clever, good passer and good movement.

I'd say his movement is "intelligent" rather than "good" - he's so slow that his speed of mind barely compensates for the speed of his legs.

i like Ki, always have, and thought he was great in short burts last year but bruce will be the end of him