The Liverpool Thread

Parky

Guest Phil K

Already people bemoaning Hodgson's appointment on forums as 'not a big enough name', etc.  :facepalm: But disappointed there have been no 'poison chalice' remarks - though thats me being bitter.

I read some, unbelievably - believe that Jose Marinho would leave the Real Madrid job if offered the Liverpool job !

:lol: Internet is awesome.

Thats so - but God almighty..... :D

Guest Phil K

You won't be laughing when Sir Roy of Hodgers wins us the EPL, CL, FA Cup, League Cup and World Club Championships next season  :angry:

And when he only wins 5 trophies in 2 years (but not Prem) you'll want him out, as you'se have done in the past maybe ?

You won't be laughing when Sir Roy of Hodgers wins us the EPL, CL, FA Cup, League Cup and World Club Championships next season  :angry:

?

That's a whole other level of delusion, winning it and not even being in it.

I quite like Roy, but silly to give on Liv just when there are so many sticks to beat them with.

Excellent manager, difficult job. They should write off the first season straight away.

they can't afford to thats the problem, with the level of debts the club is paying for they need cl cash and they need it quick

Disappointed. Love Hodgson, really don't like anything about the Liverpool team, aside from Torres.

Sums it up for me too - thought he would have been better off staying at Fulham, because Liverpool is going to be a graveyard and he'll be lucky to get another job when it goes pear-shaped...

Excellent manager, difficult job. They should write off the first season straight away.

they can't afford to thats the problem, with the level of debts the club is paying for they need cl cash and they need it quick

:aww:

Shame I'll want Hodgson to fail. Comes across as such a likeable, level-headed guy who talks sense.

Disappointed. Love Hodgson, really don't like anything about the Liverpool team, aside from Torres.

Sums it up for me too - thought he would have been better off staying at Fulham, because Liverpool is going to be a graveyard and he'll be lucky to get another job when it goes pear-shaped...

Wrong about that imo. Everyone can see what a good job he's done at Fulham, and everyone can see what a clusterfuck the Liverpool job is with Hicks and Gillett in charge, don't think he'll have any worry about getting another job when/if it goes wrong.

Guest optimistic nit

fulham have peaked though. with their resources they are not going to match last season, it makes sense to move now, as he probably couldnt get a move in 2 years time.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Walk into any team in Scandinavia, they love him over there. Set up the Swedish League or something.

Hodgson is a decent manager but no more than that really.

I'm quite happy with the appointment. Looks from the outside to be a safe pair of hands that will tow the line politically and try to keep things ticking along on the pitch now that they have no money for once. Hardly ambitious.

Walk into any team in Scandinavia, they love him over there. Set up the Swedish League or something.

Great career move, from Liverpool to Scandinavia. I doubt any team will be able to pay even a fifth of what he'll be earning at Liverpool.

Saying that, I would :fwap: my dick off if he came to AIK.