Other clubs’ stadiums

Disco

A new stadium could easily be built on the current land and exactly how Spurs have done theirs with the problem caused by Leazes Terrace 'solved' by having a green area adjacent to it. This could be part of the bartering chip to give back some of the green land that we would take up.

A new St James' Park would be within 400m at worst of the current plot and maybe as short as having the new Gallowgate end just past where the Leazes end is now or it could be spun 90 degrees or whatever to suit.

Instead of a drug infested shit heap that lies North of the ground now that the students walk across or others allow to have their dogs sh.it on, we could have a real jewel in the English crown with road links exactly the same, maybe even the same entrance road for the officials cars. It's not rocket science to do if the likes of me, Joe Bloggs can think of things to suit all, even the cows would be safe.

A grand entrance to the newly named St James' Park which would be a spruced up forest type area with a big ground in the middle could be where the lower Gallowgate is.  Massive money and massive amounts of time would be taken to do this but it's perfectly feasible and ticks every box there is.

I'm sure we could flatten the current ground and get some clever architect to design a 60-65k stadium in the space left behind. Lower the pitch or build up at Gallowgate and Leazes end?? Purely hypothetical as it would cost a mint but if we had mega bucks owners they could transform the site into a state of the art facility whilst retaining the current historic and iconic location.

If money wasn't an issue to a super rich owner  :whistle: then moving the old buildings behind the East Stand would be the better option and then build the east stand up top Level 7.

I'm not sure you'd be able or allowed to move leazes terrace, I like the idea of it though :lol:

I'm sure we could flatten the current ground and get some clever architect to design a 60-65k stadium in the space left behind. Lower the pitch or build up at Gallowgate and Leazes end?? Purely hypothetical as it would cost a mint but if we had mega bucks owners they could transform the site into a state of the art facility whilst retaining the current historic and iconic location.

If money wasn't an issue to a super rich owner  :whistle: then moving the old buildings behind the East Stand would be the better option and then build the east stand up top Level 7.

I'm not sure you'd be able or allowed to move leazes terrace, I like the idea of it though :lol:

Money talks, I'm sure if it was moved respectably and other facilities added as a "bribe" then it would be fine. Never going to happen like.

How far along is that s*** plan for building student flats to block the gallowgate? Hopefully the knobhead puts that on hold pending sale but more likely he'll gift himself the land or summit.

A little bit off yet but given how quickly they have knocked the new accommodation up opposite Barker n Stone house, I reckon once the green light is given it'll fly up.  Its all just steel structure work and panelling.

I don't want a new stadium or any fundamental changes to the existing one.

Cheers.

Well if Ashley does eventually do one, then there could be a rush of new season ticket requests. The stadium would then probably have to be extended or a new one built outside of the city.

I'm with Dave on this, like.

I said already in this thread that west ham fans would regret moving in under a decade, I reckon most would admit already that they should have stayed put. I don't know enough about Atletico but it wouldn't surprise me if their fans feel or grow to feel the same. Leaving our stadium and it's location would be absolutely criminal, imo.

I said already in this thread that west ham fans would regret moving in under a decade, I reckon most would admit already that they should have stayed put. I don't know enough about Atletico but it wouldn't surprise me if their fans feel or grow to feel the same. Leaving our stadium and it's location would be absolutely criminal, imo.

I would hate to move out of the city centre.

How do you move a row of houses, short of flattening them?

slowly, brick by brick

that's what I was told by some guy at St James a few years ago, anyway.  Assuming you're talking about leazes terrace

Leeds united talked about doing it with a pub when they were in the top flight and looking to expand. The time effort and immense cost killed the idea. And that was one single building that wasn't listed.

But supposing for a second we figure out how to wingardium leviosa a row of houses, where do we put them?

Guest neesy111

The only viable move was moving to Castle Leazes scheme in terms of stadium moves.  Joke it wasn't given, based off a view residents who's sunlight would be affected.  Would had made the club even bigger than it was in 1999/2000 in terms of revenue etc.

Me too.

I'm reckon we could possibly do something with the East Stand to increase capacity, without affecting Leazes Terrace. Knock it down completely and build it much higher with a steeper angle...could even possibly make it two tier.

It only holds something like 5000 ffs

Me too.

I'm reckon we could possibly do something with the East Stand to increase capacity, without affecting Leazes Terrace. Knock it down completely and build it much higher with a steeper angle...could even possibly make it two tier.

Leazes terrace has a "right to light" though. Make the east stand taller and it'd infringe

Me too.

Leazes terrace has a "right to light" though. Make the east stand taller and it'd infringe

Most students wont even venture out in the light anyway so there's a job for a decent lawyer to worm their way around the listed status.

I'd love to see the Gallowgate up to level 7 and the East Stand rebuilt but that's about it really. At a push I could probably be convinced to knock it down and rebuild on the same land like Spurs but it's an absolute no on moving somewhere else.

• 1 month later...
No idea why they would want to do a controlled explosive demolition on that in the first place. They are usually reserved for tall buildings that have no land around them for cranes and rubble to go. This is an old stadium with plenty of space both on the inside and the outside for machinery and rubble. Not only that but controlled exploding demolitions let off a lot of dust which you want to avoid, on this demolition here doesn’t seem to be many if any sheeting around it to contain the dust.

They have probably only opted for that type of demolition to gain an audience.

slowly, brick by brick

that's what I was told by some guy at St James a few years ago, anyway.  Assuming you're talking about leazes terrace

Leazes Terrace is a Grade 1 Listed Building. To give an idea of what Grade 1 means in terms of significance, roughly 90% of all Listed Buildings are Grade 2, about 7% are Grade 2* and only about 3% are Grade 1. They are buildings of exceptional significance. There is no realistic prospect of Listed Building Consent ever being granted to move it, which would inevitably harm its significance.

Aside for that, it's f***ing massive, it would probably cost hundreds of millions of pounds to do. It is never going to happen. Nor should it, it's a stunning building that I beam with pride is part of my city every time I walk past it.

slowly, brick by brick

Leazes Terrace is a Grade 1 Listed Building. To give an idea of what Grade 1 means in terms of significance, roughly 90% of all Listed Buildings are Grade 2, about 7% are Grade 2* and only about 3% are Grade 1. They are buildings of exceptional significance. There is no realistic prospect of Listed Building Consent ever being granted to move it, which would inevitably harm its significance.

Aside for that, it's f***ing massive, it would probably cost hundreds of millions of pounds to do. It is never going to happen. Nor should it, it's a stunning building that I beam with pride is part of my city every time I walk past it.

Spot on.

The first implosion will break metal beams at the perimeter of the stadium that were used to keep the roof inflated.

The rest of the demolition will be done in phases during the next year with the use of hydraulic excavators followed by a vacuuming process to pick up the broken materials imo.