Other clubs’ stadiums

Disco

It's f***ing miles away! :lol:

So? You don't need to see the spots on the players faces ffs :lol:  Why do you have to be sat on the sideline for it to be a "good view"?  I mean, yeah, you're right.. it is far away. But it's not a "bad view" (?)

Pretty sure it's more about the atmosphere than the view.

Anyone know how's West Hams support is feeling about the move?

I've been following the build on a couple of their forums and they're all super excited and looking forward to it.  A load of them went to the running even tthat was there today (hence the pics) and they're loving it

Stuff like this is the general consensus it seems:

Just back from the Newham run at the OS, I have been a firm critic of the move since it was announced, and having been to the Olympics was not convinced it would Make a football stadium, but having been today I must say it was impressive, and from the different places I sat I think the upper tier seats have the better views, I sat in the lower tier seats but the rake of the seats were to low for my liking, as for the upper tier I sat in the worst seat behind the goal in the upper tier and for the price they will be charging it's acceptable, I was surprised that the floodlights or roof didn't obscure any of the stadium from up there.The roof and floodlights are impressive, as for the concourses plenty of room and facilities, although the gents toilets did seem a bit on the small side. Overall I thought with a full house and the lower tier seating addressed it will be a good home for many fans, and a cheap home for many others with not as bad views as first feared, I must say I did enjoy my visit today.

The bottom line is that its not as 'cosy' as the Boleyn and you won't be as close to the pitch, but you will be a lot closer in the so called 'cheap' seats than you may have thought when the seats go forward. Really was surprised how close the pitch was and will be even closer when the seats move forward.

Lot of em saying the pics dont do it justice and it is a lot closer than it looks (like M4 said above to be fair)

edit:

Pretty sure it's more about the atmosphere than the view.

Ah. Maybe, but you can't know until it's in 'football mode' and is tested

Fair play then. If the vast majority of them are ok with it then bash on lads.

However if I were a West Ham supporter I'd be livid about it.

Like you (I think) said previous, the novelty will probably wear off within a couple of seasons :lol:

Fair play then. If the vast majority of them are ok with it then bash on lads.

However if I were a West Ham supporter I'd be livid about it.

Like you (I think) said previous, the novelty will probably wear off within a couple of seasons :lol:

presumably they think this is going to  propel them into being able to 'compete' in the league and are eating their spoon of shit with an imaginary layer of sugar on top

Just seen the new roof structure at Anfield being put into place. Makes me jelous and mad that our ground is being left behind to rot apart from being an advertisement tool for Mike.

Will the new stand be that high?

That's the roof truss that'll hold the roof of the new stand up, you can just about make out the stands it'll go on, on either side of the pic.  Hold on and I'll get a pic of how it'll look when finished next year

edit:

http://i.imgur.com/Yn4WKAa.png

CKq6hWGWcAAtZz1.jpg

It's so unnecessary and obnoxious :lol:  I assume it's like that for a reason ('right to light'/max height issues or something) though

I'd be more worried about the pitch markings. Groundsman is having a fucking laugh like.

Any idea on capacity, just that stand? So we can compare it to the Milburn?

Gonna be way bigger than the milburn :lol:

The bastards! Are they getting new changing rooms and everything, or just extra seats?

the lot.  They'll be doing the shitty end stand soon after too I think

Keeping the 'traditional' looks of a stadium but looks so outdated that fucking stand. Why not have a glass roof or something?

But so jeleous of them having a bigger capacity now!

The b******s! Are they getting new changing rooms and everything, or just extra seats?

Shitty end stand upgrade is part of the 54k capacity or after that?

The b******s! Are they getting new changing rooms and everything, or just extra seats?

Shitty end stand upgrade is part of the 54k capacity or after that?

After. It'd go up to 59,000 after that.

Here's the new main from inside, incase you havent seen it

http://i.imgur.com/aQn2WmH.jpg

SJP does need a refurbishment.

Imagine if the Gallowgate was extended to mirror the Leazers end.

A simple refurbishment is very much needed now though. That TV looks tacky as fuck on the Leazers end as well, not to mention the SD and Puma advertisements.

Nice shot from earlier. They got the 2 biggest cranes in the UK for the lift, only 2 other lifts like this have been done before (Wembley arch and Wimbledon).  650 tonnes of steel up and over the new (and existing) stand like it's nothing.  Hope Gerrard isnt driving the cranes

http://i.imgur.com/iefHpyD.jpg