Alternatives to NUFC

Guest The Little Waster

Highly recommend some South Shields gloryseeking. Should be regularly hitting 2000 attendance given NUFC / SAFC continued commitment to being wank, if fans are ever allowed back in.

Non League a much better product these days anyway. No EPL day trippers & no VAR.

Is that not you? :lol:

? Got a season ticket at Shields, essentially an ultra. Was referring more to the tourists and corporate types who litter Premier League grounds.

Fair enough. How much they go for? Ton?

Probably cheaper if standing but think mine's over £200. Not cheap for the level like.

Highly recommend some South Shields gloryseeking. Should be regularly hitting 2000 attendance given NUFC / SAFC continued commitment to being wank, if fans are ever allowed back in.

Non League a much better product these days anyway. No EPL day trippers & no VAR.

Is that not you? :lol:

? Got a season ticket at Shields, essentially an ultra. Was referring more to the tourists and corporate types who litter Premier League grounds.

Fair enough. How much they go for? Ton?

Probably cheaper if standing but think mine's over £200. Not cheap for the level like.

Surprised at that. I guess they need to move toward equaling the books once people are on board.

The thing with Newcastle Blue Star, while a lovely shirt, and Lee Clark being there etc. it really is low level stuff. If they were somewhere like Spennymoor/Gateshead/Darlo, or a little bit lower like Marske/Morpeth, like the level they were at when they went bust about 12 or so years ago, then they might have had a lot more interest, but it is basically the bottom level, and would take about 3 or 4 years just to get up to where a Morpeth is. I do hope they get a few more though the gates though (Covid permitting), as well as most of the other sides I've mentioned here.

I guess I'll just be following a lot of other sports even more closely, which I have for the past few years to be fair, tennis, boxing, MMA, even darts, so that'll continue. It's weird because I kind of was hoping we'd lose most of our end of season matches, which is pretty weird in itself, but I thought it would be more likely that we'd see the back of Bruce in a potential new era, but it just seems all totally pointless and desperate now. I dislike the owner, dislike the management team, wouldn't say there were many players I'd be gutted if they left, only really like 3 or 4. I'll still watch a bit general football, as it's been in my life for as long as I can remember, but I've rarely been this detached from the club. Grim times.

Mike[/member] Tomato Deuce[/member] Bills are gonna get me though this right. Right?

Of course. 12-4. Super Bowl. Ground floor of the golden dynasty.

giphy.gif

Fuck u dude

:smugdog:

I'm gonna shit in your mouth and staple it shut.

:lol:

Will be putting energy towards the burgeoning grassroots Canadian league thats growing. Although even that has been shitted on for us. The city I live in was moving towards having a team but covid had fucked that at least until 2022 that is if the ownership group doesnt just fuck it off.

All joy, all the time.

I've actually used my NUFC season ticket money from the last 10 years to

Buy a few new cars

Learn guitar and buy pedals i don't need :) :)

Oooooh, someone's doing ok for themselves  :yikes:  :p

I'm not that rich compared to the people I make bespoke car colours colours for.

This guy spent 3 Million on a Chiron and decided he wanted a Bentayga to match at a cost of 1 million.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bgb4GF5hA79/?utm_source=ig_web_button_native_share

Brentford for me

Often use Brentford as a base for NUFC away games in London. Or i should say used now? Spent many a night in the Griffin. Got to know the landlord and a few of the locals. Always enjoy football talk with the Brentford fans who are used to seeing their team in the lower divisions. Would be good for them to reach the PL in their new stadium next season. Again they have a passion we can't have in our excuse for a football club these days.

Brentford for me

My nearest professional club. Went down to a game earlier this week, pre lockdown.

Fulham or Brentford here. The former isn't much fun to 'support'

This season obviously - not this week!

In south London, I've never been to Milwall, Charlton or AFC Wimbledon. Might give them a go.

I'm thinking we're not going to be in stadiums next season though.

I reckon if you became a regular at The Den they'd think you're an undercover guardian journalist.

Blyth Spartans will be getting my cash and support, when their season starts up.

Gotta still have that crushing disappointment somehow. Although who knows, might be some decent players up for grabs this summer.

In south London, I've never been to Milwall, Charlton or AFC Wimbledon. Might give them a go.

Never been along to Dulwich? The ground is just too small to handle anything over about 1500, although they have can bars on each corner which is a nice touch.

Will be putting energy towards the burgeoning grassroots Canadian league thats growing. Although even that has been shitted on for us. The city I live in was moving towards having a team but covid had fucked that at least until 2022 that is if the ownership group doesnt just fuck it off.

All joy, all the time.

toontownman[/member] Do you have a One soccer account?

Never been along to Dulwich? The ground is just too small to handle anything over about 1500, although they have can bars on each corner which is a nice touch.

Aye I have been to Dulwich, tend to prefer Bromley since it’s easier to just drive and park outside. I’ll probably give it another go though.

All joy, all the time.

Stifleaay[/member] I did. I cancelled the month to month last November considering there was next to no content. I was going to renew for the olympic qualifiers in March but have been holding for CPL start. Now they have scrapped the $9.99 monthly completely for $69.99 until december 31st. Pretty shitty given so many people are financially stretched right now and the content is even less than normal. I will more than likely begrudgingly sign up again as I want to support the league and watch it.

The other option is paying $180 for "The Collective" but being in Saskatoon and seeing hopes of a team dashed (at least until 2022 now) I feel like that is another slap in the face for communities on the outside looking in that want a team. That is a huge missed opportunity to initiate new fan groups and grow existing supporter groups across the country that could mobilize to set up new teams for future expansion of the CPL. Essentially like the one soccer sign up, to get the collective you have to choose a club from the existing 8 rather than just staying neutral.

For the collective you get the one soccer season pass, a home or away shirt of your choosing from any of the clubs, virtual meet and greet passes, name on a plaque at the ground and some other stuff. It's a good idea but floored when they could have had a neutral option and given away CPL jackets/balls etc instead of the shirt and then in SK for instance our existing supporter group could have signed up. That would have given us some more validity and credibility to grow and push for a team here. Instead we have to pay $30 more than season ticket holders when we dont have a team to be a season ticket holder at. I hope they just add in the neutral option.

I'm just still pissy because I found out about the collective, the one soccer price bump and Newcastle takeover collapse in the same day.

All joy, all the time.

Stifleaay[/member] I did. I cancelled the month to month last November considering there was next to no content. I was going to renew for the olympic qualifiers in March but have been holding for CPL start. Now they have scrapped the $9.99 monthly completely for $69.99 until december 31st. Pretty shitty given so many people are financially stretched right now and the content is even less than normal. I will more than likely begrudgingly sign up again as I want to support the league and watch it.

The other option is paying $180 for "The Collective" but being in Saskatoon and seeing hopes of a team dashed (at least until 2022 now) I feel like that is another slap in the face for communities on the outside looking in that want a team. That is a huge missed opportunity to initiate new fan groups and grow existing supporter groups across the country that could mobilize to set up new teams for future expansion of the CPL. Essentially like the one soccer sign up, to get the collective you have to choose a club from the existing 8 rather than just staying neutral.

For the collective you get the one soccer season pass, a home or away shirt of your choosing from any of the clubs, virtual meet and greet passes, name on a plaque at the ground and some other stuff. It's a good idea but floored when they could have had a neutral option and given away CPL jackets/balls etc instead of the shirt and then in SK for instance our existing supporter group could have signed up. That would have given us some more validity and credibility to grow and push for a team here. Instead we have to pay $30 more than season ticket holders when we dont have a team to be a season ticket holder at. I hope they just add in the neutral option.

I'm just still pissy because I found out about the collective, the one soccer price bump and Newcastle takeover collapse in the same day.

Ouch. Bad news about OneSoccer stopping their monthly subscription. I was about to sign up again myself a couple of days ago and it was still an option back then. I may now see if it’s worth me trying to sign up to the collective, it’s $120 more for me than the yearly OneSoccer subscription, however I have $50 in my Forge FC account when I paid to become a member but didn’t take up a season ticket. The only thing is Forge FC charge $30 to ship a shirt over to me and I don’t want to pay another $30 just to get my ‘free’ shirt.

I was messaging one of the key men behind the Saskatoon bid a couple of months back. I have to say things sound overall positive on that front. They pretty much have the first stadium tied up, they have an owner/backer lined up, and they are in talks with the council to build a stadium in the city centre in conjunction with the councils drive to redevelop the city centre. I honestly expect it to be one of the next expansion teams announced.

All joy, all the time.

Ouch. Bad news about OneSoccer stopping their monthly subscription. I was about to sign up again myself a couple of days ago and it was still an option back then. I may now see if it’s worth me trying to sign up to the collective, it’s $120 more for me than the yearly OneSoccer subscription, however I have $50 in my Forge FC account when I paid to become a member but didn’t take up a season ticket. The only thing is Forge FC charge $30 to ship a shirt over to me and I don’t want to pay another $30 just to get my ‘free’ shirt.

I was messaging one of the key men behind the Saskatoon bid a couple of months back. I have to say things sound overall positive on that front. They pretty much have the first stadium tied up, they have an owner/backer lined up, and they are in talks with the council to build a stadium in the city centre in conjunction with the councils drive to redevelop the city centre. I honestly expect it to be one of the next expansion teams announced.

If you support one of the current 8 teams it's not a bad deal. It's likely $30 shipping regardless of getting it sent to someone else to send it to you right?

With the SK bid things were rolling. I really believe we would have been in the CPL in 2021 had covid not stuck. This summer was the tipping point. Last year they ran a summer series of three games against Vancouver Whitecaps U23/TFC II and Calgary Foothills and put together the basis of a provincial team with some up and coming younger players and with each game they added a couple of amateur or leading university players into the squad. It was a litmus test to getting crowd and the city/province behind the team. We averaged around 3k for the three games, which considering the promo for it, weather and fact it the games weren't for anything or against really know teams it was a great start. What was planned for this summer would have been a natural progression, better opposition, upgrading the SK squad with better players and if the crowd had got near 5k for the games the owner likely would have pulled the trigger. Stadium would have been at the Exhibition grounds, far better than downtown in my opinion, which just doesn't have the infrastructure to cope with thousands of fans. Also has an existing old English style stand that seats 5k that would give it some character.

As it is, everything is on hold, 2021 is out the window and even 2022 is a question mark. Hopefully the owner spearheading the project is still willing and able to keep committed. As a fans we are trying to keep some type of momentum going. We had some great momentum.