Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This is all sounding so familiar.

get the feeling this is Ashleys tactic, when prospective buyers start identifying the ways he wants to tie the future club into deals that allow him to continue leeching off the club.

i don't know why people are having a hard time with this boycott thing, thinking it won't be related because it's not going to be a success :lol:

they'll be sat talking about it for an hour before the game kicks off on Sky, talking about how he's underfunded the club and fucked one of the best managers in the game repeatedly...that in itself is enough to get the prick off his arse for damage limitation imo

scrutiny is what he hates

Money is the only thing he gives two fucks about. There have been boycotts in the years gone by and what has it changed absolutely nothing. If people didn’t renew their season tickets and he came out with this then I would agree but in my opinion it’s got fuck all to do with the boycott which in truth is turning into a farce anyway.

Aye, it's not like he went on Sky giving an interview and then let the club spend £80m in the subsequent transfer window the last time.

I refuse to sell to Peter Kenyon because he failed to prove he had the £150m required to spend on players. This deal was not in the best interest of the fans who deserve someone to take them to the next level. I will continue to back Rafa and the boys for the rest of the season with every penny the club generates. I look forward to sitting down with Rafa and discussing his new contract to bring some much needed stability to the club.

i don't know why people are having a hard time with this boycott thing, thinking it won't be related because it's not going to be a success :lol:

they'll be sat talking about it for an hour before the game kicks off on Sky, talking about how he's underfunded the club and fucked one of the best managers in the game repeatedly...that in itself is enough to get the prick off his arse for damage limitation imo

scrutiny is what he hates

Money is the only thing he gives two fucks about. There have been boycotts in the years gone by and what has it changed absolutely nothing. If people didn’t renew their season tickets and he came out with this then I would agree but in my opinion it’s got fuck all to do with the boycott which in truth is turning into a farce anyway.

Aye, it's not like he went on Sky giving an interview and then let the club spend £80m in the subsequent transfer window the last time.

The boycott against Spurs you mean which was in April and the 80 million was the following January do you really think that boycott had anything to do with the 80 million

Guest firetotheworks

Yes he does.

No he doesn’t

Yeah, except that he does and there's a mountain of evidence to back that up. Keep up, man.

Yes he does.

No he doesn’t

Yeah, except that he does and there's a mountain of evidence to back that up. Keep up, man.

What evidence please show me

How can you ignore that correlation? Even if it isn’t causation. The fact he went on TV alone directly afterward shows he cared in itself. The burden is on the detractors to show it didn’t tbh. Or was this when he famously just changed his spots apropos to nothing?

Yes he does.

No he doesn’t

Look through every time there has been protesting. There has always been a response from Ashley, whether that is 3 or 4 supposed sales on separate occasions, or that one summer we actually spent significant sums of money.

Even right now, since the protests have started we've seen him return to matches, meeting with the team, announce a club sale again. Do you think the consistent timing of these things are just chance?

How can you ignore that correlation? Even if it isn’t causation. The fact he went on TV alone directly afterward shows he cared in itself. The burden is on the detractors to show it didn’t tbh. Or was this when he famously just changed his spots apropos to nothing?

So when did he actually come out at anytime before saying the club was possibly been sold I’ve heard that it was due to the transfer window and now changing that it’s due to a proposed non entity of a boycott. The reason he came out is to try and start a bidding war nothing more.

So when did he actually come out at anytime before saying the club was possibly been sold I’ve heard that it was due to the transfer window and now changing that it’s due to a proposed non entity of a boycott. The reason he came out is to try and start a bidding war nothing more.

I don’t understand the 1st part of that and talking about now, you’re probably right. Fact is, there isn’t  the support for it amongst the home crowd - and in cases outright hostility to it. Lack of support for them though and saying he wouldn’t care about any are two different things.

Guest firetotheworks

Yes he does.

No he doesn’t

People who aren't arsed about boycotts and protests generally don't hire a PR firm (KBA) to specifically tackle them.

Then there's the following:

"The Spurs boycott genuinely shocked Ashley and made NUFC the highest spenders in Europe as a result" - Luke Edwards and corroborated by George Caulkin at a Talk in last December, from a source close to Ashley.

https://twitter.com/bigchrisholt/status/1058112196302041090?s=09

Then there's:

Keegan protest - Ashley immediately puts the club up for sale and puts out his first woe is me statement including "I've got the message, you don't need to protest"

Hull protest – KBA attempt to undermine the protest by announcing Jonas' cancer after they'd treated him terribly. Extra security on turnstiles and banners removed from protesters.

Singing section sings about Ashley - Ashley removes the singing section.

TMG starts - Ashley goes on Sky to lie and his KBA goons (Keys, Gray, Wise, Jordan, White, Ferdinand) go on to defend him.

Sportsredirect – Ashley hires a new law firm to have site shut down

Protest movement starts to target Sports Direct - Major Sports Direct shareholders literally advise other shareholders to vote against Ashley as CEO at the following AGM because "negative media stories about Ashley have damaged the company's public image."

Keith Bishop overheard at an airport assuring someone calling on behalf of Ashley that "Don't worry, it'll all blow over in a month"

Ponteland meal – Ashley resorts to sticking his Vs up at protesters

Approached by fan in London – Ashley tries to start on him.

Approached at the committee last week - "Please don't bother me no more"

11 minute walk in – match stream is turned off in foyer.

Wolves boycott - goes on Sky to announce that club is as far along as it's ever been to being sold, local journalists and True Faith remove backing for protest, protest cancelled.

That's just off the top of my head with me on my phone, if I was on the computer I'd have sources and links for all of the above. There are also plenty of other examples, including his fake bid set up with Sky and David Craig (KBA client again), his general thin-skin over everything.

So yes, he does care. He cares because it affects Sports Direct.

He could just ask him.

no and he has no obligation to do so.

"I'd like to buy your club"

"Certainly sir, its £XXX. Is this within your price range?"

"Yes/no"

Not sure what the issue is with that.

Yes he does.

No he doesn’t

People who aren't arsed about boycotts and protests generally don't hire a PR firm (KBA) to specifically tackle them.

"The Spurs boycott genuinely shocked Ashley and made NUFC the highest spenders in Europe as a result" - Luke Edwards and corroborated by George Caulkin at a Talk in last December, from a source close to Ashley.

Then there's:

Keegan protest - Ashley immediately puts the club up for sale and puts out his first woe is me statement including "I've got the message, you don't need to protest"

Hull protest – KBA attempt to undermine the protest by announcing Jonas' cancer after they'd treated him terribly. Extra security on turnstiles and banners removed from protesters.

TMG starts - Ashley goes on Sky to lie and his KBA goons (Keys, Gray, Wise, Jordan, White, Ferdinand) go on to defend him.

Protest movement starts to target Sports Direct - Major Sports Direct shareholders literally advise other shareholders to vote against Ashley as CEO at the following AGM because "negative media stories about Ashley have damaged the company's public image."

Keith Bishop overheard at an airport assuring someone calling on behalf of Ashley that "Don't worry, it'll all blow over in a month"

Wolves boycott - goes on Sky to announce that club is as far along as it's ever been to being sold, local journalists and True Faith remove backing for protest, protest cancelled.

That's just off the top of my head with me on my phone, if I was on the computer I'd have sources and links for all of the above. There are also plenty of other examples, including his fake bid set up with Sky and David Craig (KBA client again), his general thin-skin over everything.

Great post.

Yes he does.

No he doesn’t

Then there's:

So yes, he does care.

Great post :thup:

I'd actually add the Almiron links aswell.  We're apparently in for an actual good footballer for money at the start of December.  Nothing may come of it but they're not putting this stuff out because they're not bothered.

Guest reefatoon

Yes he does.

No he doesn’t

Then there's:

giphy.gif

No, he doesn't care. Anyone else fancy getting away from the wife on Sunday? Meet in the ground for a pint and a pie nice and early.

The only thing that Ashley cares about is money and a degree of market fame for what a barrow boy has achieved. He cares not a single jot about NUFC, the city, its fans or its people. He has done nothing, repeat nothing to prove otherwise. Anyone who believes differently doesn't know him. Apart from one window, our transfer spend has been shocking. Relegation? Spend just enough to get promoted quickly, but sell your prized assets before hand. NUFC is two things to Ashley - 1. A cash cow that he has repeatedly milked and raped. 2. A free advertising tool for his retail empire. Nothing else. The club is a decaying skeleton of its former being.

Protests - real protests - do have an effect but would not stop him milking the club until it became either a real national scandal that hits his retail empire, or, when there is simply nothing left to milk.

Once again, with a transfer window approaching, and relegation a possibility despite Rafa's best efforts, and the possibility/likelyhood of losing Rafa at the end of the season, Ashley has come up with his 'let's get the deluded ones have some hope' tactic of revealing bogus buyers and bogus transfers.

What entrepreneur goes on TV, looking like a fucking choir boy, to announce advanced talks of a buy out?

The man treats us all with utter and total contempt, and will sell only when he wants to and because it will make him a massive profit so that he can plough it into his burgeoning retail empire.

Like every true Geordie and supporter of NUFC, I desperately hope the rumours turn into facts and we can look forward - as we used to - to a well run club, playing decent football and giving us all some pride. I'm not holding my breath, and I would suggest that, until there is hard facts to the contrary, no-one else does.

This man is not going away quickly. And I hate him with every fibre in my body.