Newcastle United 2-1 Southampton - 8/12/19

Greg

Did anyone else think the Southampton goal was offside? Only saw the one replay at the time but it looked like Ings was off when the ball was launched forward and no-one touched it before he latched onto it?

There is an angle that makes it look like he’s offside. Disappointed MOTD didn’t take another look at it to clarify it.

He literally overtook Fernandez after the ball was played, not even close.

Did anyone else think the Southampton goal was offside? Only saw the one replay at the time but it looked like Ings was off when the ball was launched forward and no-one touched it before he latched onto it?

There is an angle that makes it look like he’s offside. Disappointed MOTD didn’t take another look at it to clarify it.

VAR checked it, Ref delayed the restart while it was checked.

When the ball is played he's offside relative to Fernandez (which is why I thought he was off when I saw the first replay), but Schar on the far side looks like he's just playing him on, which I didn't see at the time. It is close though.

When the ball is played he's offside relative to Fernandez (which is why I thought he was off when I saw the first replay), but Schar on the far side looks like he's just playing him on, which I didn't see at the time. It is close though.

Nah.

Nah.

Ja

https://imgur.com/mJDZgoS

Nah.

Ja

https://imgur.com/mJDZgoS

I stand corrected. :thup: