Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Bruce couldn’t really say anything else at the start of his tenure. He quickly questioned Joelinton’s ability as a goal scorer but then took a softer approach when he had to face up to the fact that it was either Joelinton or nobody.

Ashley’s grubby mitts are all over that transfer and Bruce hasn’t been allowed to get a replacement in. I can’t for a minute believe that Bruce didn’t and doesn’t know that this is the overriding problem position.

The media really should be asking why this massive elephant isn’t being questioned. Simply saying there was nobody better available doesn’t answer why it happened in the first place.

I know its a problem, but I don't think the lack of a quality striker is the overriding problem with this team. We are the joint lowest scorers in the league, but we are also 3rd worst in the league for goals conceded so there are problems in defence as well because we all know Dubravka is kept far too busy every match.

Midfield is an issue as well. Offers no protection to the defence and offers no creativity in the final third. There lots of problems with the team the only player holding it together is Dubravka.

I know its a problem, but I don't think the lack of a quality striker is the overriding problem with this team. We are the joint lowest scorers in the league, but we are also 3rd worst in the league for goals conceded so there are problems in defence as well because we all know Dubravka is kept far too busy every match.

Midfield is an issue as well. Offers no protection to the defence and offers no creativity in the final third. There lots of problems with the team the only player holding it together is Dubravka.

Midfield is the main problem. They’re all dogshit

Joelinton was constantly bullied off the ball yesterday and out of position. I’m not blaming him, he’s clearly not a centre forward. It is the overriding problem position and it is heavily affecting other areas of the side.

The scary thing is he seems to be pinning his hopes on a guy who’s never scored more than 7 at this level and is more suited to the Championship as being the answer to the problems. A couple of little touches against Wolves aside for the Almiron goal, he’s looked just as out of his depth. Barely noticed him in his 25 minutes yesterday.

Rafa put a system in place and bought players from the bargain bin to match it, given the chance these players would have been upgraded and with superb coaching I could see nothing but good things.

Bruce is playing the same formation with players that cost more money but his lack of coaching ability was apparent from day 1, he could spend another £100 million this summer but unless they have a competent coach to guide them it will just implode.

As NUFC.com said in their report, "its utterly unwatchable" 

He’s a fucking fraud and the sooner those retards that attend games realise this and get into him the better. They simply cannot be that thick!

They need to get into Ashley, or better still, stop attending/paying the fat cunt money more importantly.

Match 28 last year was against Burnley(we won 2-0) giving Rafa 31 points and 13th Position......assuming we lose next Saturday (v Burnley) we will have 31 points, a vastly poorer goal difference and possibly 15th place(at best 14th).Perhaps then the media will stop comparing how much better we are this year than last....I’m not holding my breath!

Guest neesy111

He’s a f***ing fraud and the sooner those retards that attend games realise this and get into him the better. They simply cannot be that thick!

They need to get into Ashley, or better still, stop attending/paying the fat c*** money more importantly.

:yao:

He's right about the bigger picture of course, but Bruce is at the very least, presently a huge part of the problem :undecided:

Caulkin is spot on, as usual. The problem is (as has always been the case) Mike Ashley.

Only 1 football club in the world would let Rafa Benitez walk away and then replace him with Steve fucking Bruce and it's Mike Ashley's Newcastle United.

:'(

Nah, Caulkin is trying to defend his friend.  Really lost any respect I had for caulkin this season.  Bruce knew what he was signing up for, he can get fucked.

:thup:

I liked Caulkin up to a point, but never understood the unquestioning support he got on here. He's always been reluctant to criticise his mates at the club, and that's fair enough. Just don't expect everyone to swallow bullshit when we aren't as invested in those mates as you are.

Goodness.

YES, it is obvious Mike Ashley and his cronies Charnley, Barnes, and Bishop who carry out his orders are the main reason we are 13 years of this mess.

BUT, Steve Bruce took over from of Europe’s greatest managers and he hasn’t improved a single thing, player development, team performance has regressed alarmingly fast - he can only blame himself and he deserves absolute abuse for being what he truly is - a poor football manager and unfit to manage in the PL and his “hometown club”. Allowing him any bit of grace is a defeatist cop out of the highest order.

AND, the players who are not performing are also not blameless in this. These are highly paid professional football players who are lacking in commitment and execution - mistakes, lapses in judgment etc. There’s only a handful who are immune to this and it’s prob Dubvraka and 1-3 more.

The entire setup is a shambles and everyone deserves blame. It’s about time the fans and press fucking hold every single one of these associated with NUFC to task.