Matt Ritchie

Fenham Mag

No disrespect to Ritchie but his injury was well timed as bad as that sounds. Had he not been injured when he did, I think Willems would still be on the bench now.

Would that have made any difference to results?

Doubt we’d have scored that goal v Man Utd, or the second at West Ham or v Bournemouth without Willems mind.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Howaythetoon

Had another op.

A lucky escape you’d imagine from further injury playing under Bruce who would probably play him as a number 10. Get well soon Brave Heart!

• 1 month later...

The agenda :lol:

Tbf he openly admitted his fault in doing exactly the same to ASM, hardly an agenda to assume he's done it more than once.  Also considering he even tried to keep Schar on the pitch when he clearly shouldn't have, it's not exactly a far fetched assumption.

Cracking article by Caulkin!

https://theathletic.co.uk/1534671/2020/01/15/matt-ritchie-newcastle-fa-cup/

The Athletic: “Are you aware of the Geordie word radge and what it means?

Matt Ritchie: “Radge? Yes. I believe it means a bit of a toe-rag, is that correct?”

TA: “Well, an angry person maybe.”

MR: “An angry wee bastard?”

TA: “So you’re aware of the word?”

MR: “I am, yes.”

TA: “It’s used about you a lot.”

MR: “Right.”

TA: “But it’s used with a lot of affection and love.”

MR: “That’s nice.”

TA: “Do you take pride in having that role in the team? There are great clips of you on Twitter kicking team-mates up the backside after doing something good.”

MR: “It’s just my character. I don’t… it’s my character. I am who I am. I can’t be something I’m not. I’m not a calm person. I’m an all-or-nothing sort of man. Yeah. It’s just me.”

TA: “You’re not angry off the pitch, are you?”

MR: “I can be angry. Definitely, over the years — especially in the last two or three years — I have calmed down a lot, yeah. But I think that’s with having children. It changes you.”

TA: “Have you ever had team-mates say to you, ‘Why the fuck have you just kicked me up the backside?’ or ‘Why are you hitting me?’”

MR: “(Laughs) Yeah, yeah. Matty (Longstaff) said to me tonight actually, ‘Matt, man, why are you hitting my head? It hurts’. But I love it. I love the feeling of winning, of succeeding, that togetherness. When you win it’s so good.”

Cracking article by Caulkin!

https://theathletic.co.uk/1534671/2020/01/15/matt-ritchie-newcastle-fa-cup/

The Athletic: “Are you aware of the Geordie word radge and what it means?

Matt Ritchie: “Radge? Yes. I believe it means a bit of a toe-rag, is that correct?”

TA: “Well, an angry person maybe.”

MR: “An angry wee bastard?”

TA: “So you’re aware of the word?”

MR: “I am, yes.”

TA: “It’s used about you a lot.”

MR: “Right.”

TA: “But it’s used with a lot of affection and love.”

MR: “That’s nice.”

TA: “Do you take pride in having that role in the team? There are great clips of you on Twitter kicking team-mates up the backside after doing something good.”

MR: “It’s just my character. I don’t… it’s my character. I am who I am. I can’t be something I’m not. I’m not a calm person. I’m an all-or-nothing sort of man. Yeah. It’s just me.”

TA: “You’re not angry off the pitch, are you?”

MR: “I can be angry. Definitely, over the years — especially in the last two or three years — I have calmed down a lot, yeah. But I think that’s with having children. It changes you.”

TA: “Have you ever had team-mates say to you, ‘Why the fuck have you just kicked me up the backside?’ or ‘Why are you hitting me?’”

MR: “(Laughs) Yeah, yeah. Matty (Longstaff) said to me tonight actually, ‘Matt, man, why are you hitting my head? It hurts’. But I love it. I love the feeling of winning, of succeeding, that togetherness. When you win it’s so good.”

:lol:

The agenda :lol:

Tbf he openly admitted his fault in doing exactly the same to ASM, hardly an agenda to assume he's done it more than once.  Also considering he even tried to keep Schar on the pitch when he clearly shouldn't have, it's not exactly a far fetched assumption.

Bruce was telling Schär to come off, Schär ignored this and played on for a bit. Happened pretty close to where I sit. ASM was just plain stupid, last minute of the game and he decided to chase the ball like he was in an Olympic Final, I couldn’t believe what I was watching and had no idea at the time that he’d injured himself.

There’s clearly too many muscle injuries but certain things can’t be pinned on Bruce. He had subbed ASM there’s a good chance we wouldn’t have gone on to win that game.