Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

He didn't earn us two points in the whole of last season? Are you sure about that? Seem to remember him coming off the bench late against Palace and crossing for Cisse to score.

And scoring the only goal against Fulham at home.

And both scoring and setting up the only goals away at Villa.

None of that was worth the two points we're talking about?

Literally every player in the league has contributed to their team's points tally. By your logic, without Obertan we'd be relegated because of his goal v Leicester.

He didn't earn us two points in the whole of last season? Are you sure about that? Seem to remember him coming off the bench late against Palace and crossing for Cisse to score.

And scoring the only goal against Fulham at home.

And both scoring and setting up the only goals away at Villa.

None of that was worth the two points we're talking about?

Literally every player in the league has contributed to their team's points tally. By your logic, without Obertan we'd be relegated because of his goal v Leicester.

So if he'd played every game this season, we'd be on the same points or less?

OK, I said I wouldn't say anything else but I'll bite. I don't care about him in 2004. Let's look at the clubs who've been interested in him lately, Hull and Nice.

No matter how many times I say I can't stand Sammy, Obertan or Pardew, I obviously must secretly love them all just because I don't think the sun shines out of Hatem's arse.

It has nothing to do with the sun shining out his arse. It's the FACT that he is a dangerous offensive player who can turn a game on it's head and win you points out of nothing.

When we play teams do you think they were doubling up on Ben Arfa or Gouffran? Do you think all week in training the opposition labelled Obertan as the "Main threat".

OK, I said I wouldn't say anything else but I'll bite. I don't care about him in 2004. Let's look at the clubs who've been interested in him lately, Hull and Nice.

No matter how many times I say I can't stand Sammy, Obertan or Pardew, I obviously must secretly love them all just because I don't think the sun shines out of Hatem's arse.

It has nothing to do with the sun shining out his arse. It's the FACT that he is a dangerous offensive player who can turn a game on it's head and win you points out of nothing.

When we play teams do you think they were doubling up on Ben Arfa or Gouffran? Do you think all week in training the opposition labelled Obertan as the "Main threat".

Why do you think only Hull and Nice will touch such a dangerous, offensive player then? Is the whole continent under Pardew's spell?

Becasue a large number of employed Football managers are uneducated former players, who in Steve Bruce's case especially, have received a large number of knocks to the head. These retards are so fixed in their stone age ways, they see no place for talented mavericks who don't conform to the 'work rate', 'ethic' or other buzzword bollocks.

Why do you think only Hull and Nice will touch such a dangerous, offensive player then? Is the whole continent under Pardew's spell?

Because people like you believe Pardew's bullshit about being lazy, fat and not helping the team. The media believed it, other clubs fans believe it because they only pay attention to NUFC when the play us home and away.

It doesn't take a fucking genius to see that he's an extremely talented individual, who's reputation has been dragged through the dirt to cover one managers short comings. And that is Alan Pardew.

He played for the 2 biggest teams in France. And scored goals for us that I will never forget. He is the reason people fall in love with the sport and get off their seats at the match. He's a maverick and it's why we all follow the game.

I suppose when you were a kid playing football on the field, you pretended to be somebody more hard working and trustworthy? Like Phil Neville.

You seem to have left my question unanswered for about the third time.

I don't think he would have won us any more points than any of our current players.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: Get to fuck man.

I don't think he would have won us any more points than any of our current players.

Given his consistent rate of goals/assists when he's actually allowed on the field, I find that an extraordinary statement but fair enough, we're not going to agree.

Becasue a large number of employed Football managers are uneducated former players, who in Steve Bruce's case especially, have received a large number of knocks to the head. These retards are so fixed in their stone age ways, they see no place for talented mavericks who don't conform to the 'work rate', 'ethic' or other buzzword bollocks.

I'm sorry, but are you saying every manager in Europe is too thick to buy Ben Arfa? I remember someone saying earlier in this thread that it was the fault of every manager Ben Arfa has played under that he hasn't achieved his true potential. Sorry, but this is ridiculous. "It's everybody's fault except Hatem's that he isn't playing for a top club".

You mean this season, right? As in a team that for a large number of games has included Gouffran, Riviere, Raylor and Gutierrez?

I'm sorry, but are you saying every manager in Europe is too thick to buy Ben Arfa? I remember someone saying earlier in this thread that it was the fault of every manager Ben Arfa has played under that he hasn't achieved his true potential. Sorry, but this is ridiculous. "It's everybody's fault except Hatem's that he isn't playing for a top club".

I can only speak for his time in England and being managed by Pardew and Bruce. Those 2 for some unknown reason hold respect in the game, and most of their equally thick as fuck former teammates are brown-nosing them at every chance in the media. At least half the premier league managers are vile mixtures of arrogance and incompetence, so yes, yes it is their fault.

I don't think anyone doubts that there's something unconventional and potentially difficult about Ben Arfa's personality. We don't know the details, but I think that has a lot to do with why average managers struggle with him.

When in fact they should do what Fergie did with Cantona and not give a flying fuck as long as he's so talented.

If your system requires your most creative forward running around like a blue arsed-fly chasing shadows, or being woefully out of position because he's busy covering his fullback, then there's obviously something fundamentally wrong. We've went from being a side noted for entertainment to coddling a bunch of daft cunts who dream of a team of 11 Jack Colbacks. It's complete insanity.