Andy Carroll (now playing for Amiens SC)

Rich

Once again a master class in planning from our owner. Keep Pardew and let his number 1 transfer target go to another club without even putting a bid in.

We can but hope that the first part of that proves incorrect.

Problem with that is that it may well have Pardew's number 1 target but we all know he's got very little to do with player recruitment. If he doesn't like that he can walk.

Yaya Sanogo is going to Arsenal but he's French, a free transfer and tall. Shame.

Haha... there was a crazy italian/geordie bloke called 'Frankie' who rang TotalSport last night raving about him, and saying we should be in for him instead of Carroll, as he's going to Arsenal for nothing.

Guest hobshobs

No interest in Carroll all of a sudden despite Pardew waffling the opposite all season. Effectively we're attempting to save face as we can't get him. Newcastle United beaten by QPR for Remy, beaten by West Ham for Carroll. Add to that we've still got the worst manager I've ever come across following The Toon. Can it get much worse? Probably tonight, if he is to get another chance. Thoroughly depressing.

No interest in Carroll all of a sudden despite Pardew waffling the opposite all season. Effectively we're attempting to save face as we can't get him. Newcastle United beaten by QPR for Remy, beaten by West Ham for Carroll. Add to that we've still got the worst manager I've ever come across following The Toon. Can it get much worse? Probably tonight, if he is to get another chance. Thoroughly depressing.

Worst manager since you started following Newcastle? Can't have been that long then?

Guest hobshobs

Worst manager since you started following Newcastle? Can't have been that long then?

With the squad he's got to hand he is easily the worst. Week in week out it is plain awful to watch. Can you tell me of any game plan apart from not to concede. European quarter final second leg he actually says we'll contain for 70 and then come out for the last 20. 3-1 down before the game kicked off. Incredible.

Been following them for 45 years Mr Unbelievable.

http://i2.dailyrecord.co.uk/incoming/article1273306.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/5045994.jpg

I can't believe that someone think we are even worse than the relegated season.  :idiot2:

My memory is shit, but I feel like the team that went down was more capable of putting passes together that could lead to a goal. I don't know if the stats back this, but 1-0 deficits didn't feel like instant losses.

Guest hobshobs

I can't believe that someone think we are even worse than the relegated season.  :idiot2:

Do you ever read things and take it in? I said "With the squad he's got to hand he is easily the worst." Pointless trying to converse with some on here. Zero by name, ZERO UP TOP obviously :)

If you want to compare in relation to squad strength I would say last season he was easily the best manager since SBR. This season goes down as a major disappointment of course, but overall he hasn't done worse for us than the likes of Sounness and Joe f***ing Kinnear, and that's only going back a decade, let alone 45 years...