Gateshead FC

geordiedean

I do feel a bit for them; they got unfairly thrown out of the League back in the day and that stadium will never allow them to be a proper non league club, one capable of building and growing. One way or another they need a new ground.

I do feel a bit for them; they got unfairly thrown out of the League back in the day and that stadium will never allow them to be a proper non league club, one capable of building and growing. One way or another they need a new ground.

Shame they were stiched up last minute by the owners of the land that they planned to build their ground on. Would’ve been ideal and a decent catchment area across the road from the Civic Centre.

Guest neesy111

Steve Watson staying on. Pretty surprised at that.

He good made bankrupt earlier last year, suspect he needs the money.

• 1 month later...
Guest Howaythetoon

It won’t be long until they get added to the list of clubs who have broken our transfer record..

Guest Howaythetoon

Good news in all honestly, brings some stability and eases some fears. I’ll be following them this season, hopefully in corporate if they reopen it properly as it’s a great day out and earns the club decent money.

Guest Howaythetoon

Stayed pro over the close season too, good for them.

What mugs, they should have joined us over the water at SJP and turned amateur.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest Howaythetoon

Went today, canny game, they won 2-1. 7th in the table and a few points off a play off place. First half they cruised to a comfortable 2-0 lead and looked dominant. Second half Hartlepool come out the best side and got one back through a pen and could have grabbed a draw after another pen was awarded which they missed. Gateshead also had a man sent off. Overall they dseved the win.

They play some good stuff and seem to have a few extra gears they can go up, but played within themselves from what I gathered and regulars commented on. Over 2k there, I went with 4 others but ended up sneaking into corporate to see some mates and ended up staying with them. Basically got in for nowt. Good to see some really good friends. Ended up not staying long afterwards though, I’m on a huge drinking cut down. Not stopped yet, but cut way way down.

1 pound for a hotdog in a bap as they ran out of buns and after the match leftover sausage rolls and pies were dished out for free. My mate’s nephew is now coaching their under 19s as well after coaching roles at Man City and Burnley, lad has talent so hopefully he will go far in coaching.

Really pleased for Watson, seems to be doing a cracking job. Relegation faves at the start of the season and they play some good stuff. Very good to watch.

Guest neesy111

Went today, canny game, they won 2-1. 7th in the table and a few points off a play off place. First half they cruised to a comfortable 2-0 lead and looked dominant. Second half Hartlepool come out the best side and got one back through a pen and could have grabbed a draw after another pen was awarded which they missed. Gateshead also had a man sent off. Overall they dseved the win.

They play some good stuff and seem to have a few extra gears they can go up, but played within themselves from what I gathered and regulars commented on. Over 2k there, I went with 4 others but ended up sneaking into corporate to see some mates and ended up staying with them. Basically got in for nowt. Good to see some really good friends. Ended up not staying long afterwards though, I’m on a huge drinking cut down. Not stopped yet, but cut way way down.

1 pound for a hotdog in a bap as they ran out of buns and after the match leftover sausage rolls and pies were dished out for free. My mate’s nephew is now coaching their under 19s as well after coaching roles at Man City and Burnley, lad has talent so hopefully he will go far in coaching.

Really pleased for Watson, seems to be doing a cracking job. Relegation faves at the start of the season and they play some good stuff. Very good to watch.

They are in the play offs as it's a new system this season.