Gateshead FC

geordiedean

Guest Howaythetoon

Same happened at Wembley in the playoffs a few years back and some casual racism. Great weekend that. Green man pub was chocka, lush weather too. Not NUFC, but probably the best away day in my life, kind of sad given NUFC are my team.

Same happened at Wembley in the playoffs a few years back and some casual racism. Great weekend that. Green man pub was chocka, lush weather too. Not NUFC, but probably the best away day in my life, kind of sad given NUFC are my team.

:lol:

Guest chopey

After the great day he had on Saturday, my son and his mates were going to go whenever Newcastle played away so I guess thats 4 potential fans they have just lost.

A WUZ THERE MARRA.

The sun that day, it was about 28 degrees. Saw James Curtis and his family after the game in TGI Friday's. Randomly David James was in there too.

They don't help themselves like do they.

I've been along to watch the Heed only once in my time. Was a good standard, but in all honesty so long as they're at the athletics track I probably won't be back along. If NUFC aren't playing and I fancy something else I'll pretty much always rather go along to a NL game where for 1/3 of the price you can stand next to the pitch.

At the moment the Heed don't fill a niche as a good professional team nor as an intimate non-league side, instead occupying a grey area in between, which IMO goes a long way to explaining their poor crowds.

Yep, I go to quite a few Bromley matches down here, but I wouldn’t go to Gateshead mainly because it doesn’t have the feel of a proper football club. Lower leagues is all about the character.

Not sure what happened to the stadium plan but it would’ve been brilliant for that to happen.

Yeah, Gateshead are just a little too far up the pyramid for me to cheer on as a 2nd team.

I don’t often get time to do stuff at weekends that arn’t home games, if I do I tend to try and go to the match (NUFC) or keep up to date with the score. If I do go to non-league then I’d prefer to see North Shields or Whitley Bay play.

Guest Howaythetoon

Was told about this a few days ago, apparently the club is costing them 3m a season yet under Wood’s stewardship was costing 500k-1m. Something is seriously amiss at the International Stadium and many ‘Heed fans are not happy with the way the club is now run.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Howaythetoon

Fell through, club going back part-time.

Not quite, talks are still ongoing and everyone is hoping to find a resolution.

No surprise really. Newcastle is too big of a club for a club the size Gateshead to exist in Tyneside.

More likely spiralling costs, alongside the rise through the leagues of Blyth, Darlington, Hartlepool, Spennymoore and South Shields competing for the best local talent in the North-East.