Gateshead FC

geordiedean

Guest firetotheworks

Great bloke. He came to open Keegan Park in Killingworth when I was a kid, and he stayed and played football with us and signed shirts for ages. I hope it all goes really well.

Guest Howaythetoon

My mate's nephew has worked with him in coaching circles at Macclesfield and has nowt but good things to say about him, mind he is a massive Heed fan.

Great bloke. He came to open Keegan Park in Killingworth when I was a kid, and he stayed and played football with us and signed shirts for ages. I hope it all goes really well.

My Steve Watson story (it's probably already in here somewhere).

When Fantasy Football was all the rage we ran our own league meaning having an auction which we had in the Barley Mow (much lamented Quayside drinkery). Someone mentioned Watto and we didn't know to put him in midfielders or defenders til the barman said "ask him, he's over there". So we did, he was, in local parlance "geet canny", saying he didn't know, he'd play in goal, would play anywhere etc. About 10mins later on his way back from the bog he asked "How much did I go for ?"

• 2 weeks later...

How (un)realistic would it be to make it from the International Stadium at 16:45 to St James' for 17:30 on 09/12? With the Leicester match being moved for TV I wondered if I could fit in Gateshead's 3pm kick off. Based on Maps it looks just about not doable but as it's quite tight, might as well get a local opinion to just to be sure.

Guest neesy111

How (un)realistic would it be to make it from the International Stadium at 16:45 to St James' for 17:30 on 09/12? With the Leicester match being moved for TV I wondered if I could fit in Gateshead's 3pm kick off. Based on Maps it looks just about not doable but as it's quite tight, might as well get a local opinion to just to be sure.

Should be fine as long as you walk pretty quick.  Walk to Gateshead Stadium Metro is a 10 minute walk and then 5 minutes on metro to monument then another 10 minutes to St James' Park.

If you shuffle quickly I reckon you can probably do it in 35 mins. Alternatively get a cab. Shouldn't be much just to drop you over the bring somewhere albeit traffic will likely be shit.

:thup: Cheers guys. Might risk it and just leave Gateshead a few minutes early if it's not too exciting. Contemplated a taxi but I feel like I'll be stuck in traffic until half time knowing my luck.

Gateshead Stadium metro is only a 10 minute walk away. You'll get to SJP with time to spare in my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...