Gateshead FC

geordiedean

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Howaythetoon

Took my 3 and a half year old to his first ever match yesterday and for the majority of the game he enjoyed it and had fun. He was constantly singing 'Wa Gateahsead' and shouting 'Come On White Team', shame about the result. When the walked out and saw the lush green pitch he actually said 'wow'. As a Geordie I should be taking my sons to watch the Toon, but I just can't under Ashley and while it saddens me, Gateshead are a proper club and a great environment for my boys to be part of in terms of football. I'll be taking him again and the youngest when he's ready. Was good to see some mates and old faces too, I've not been to anywhere near as many Heed games as I would have liked to.

• 1 month later...

John Carver, best coach in the non-league? I think he would complement the nearby hillock and make a smashing pair: Tit Hill and Tit Heed.

:lol: Used to be able to watch the match from tit hill. Never heard it mentioned for ages.

Guest Howaythetoon

Gateshead are almost as infuriating as the Toon. They have far too high a player turnover for my liking, all they needed was one or two after their play-off season, but lots come in. This year has been similar. Crosby was always an odd appointment mind, and Mills was a tough act to follow. I wouldn't mind, but they were doing well earlier on. The football was poor though.

Guest Howaythetoon

Fuck off with the Carver talk, Gateshead are my only point of football enjoyment these days and even then they are shit.

Guest Howaythetoon

Would Lee Clark drop that low?

Taking Gateshead into league football would be a huge achievement, but I doubt he'd go so low in terms of leagues.

Taking Gateshead into league football would be a huge achievement, but I doubt he'd go so low in terms of leagues.

Why would being a serial failure in the Football League render him too good for non-league?