Gateshead FC

geordiedean

I play cricket with a few lads who also played with him at Bill Quay when he was younger. They all think he's a canny bloke like.

The problem is, Gateshead now have the following strikers...

Jon Shaw

Lewis Guy

James Brown

Michael Rankine

Danny Wright

Carl Finnigan

Unless we're going to play 4-2-4, someone's going to be out in the cold.

I play cricket with a few lads who also played with him at Bill Quay when he was younger. They all think he's a canny bloke like.

Jon Shaw

Lewis Guy

James Brown

Michael Rankine

Danny Wright

Carl Finnigan

He can do a job on the wings too mate!

The photo on the link is why he hates Lennon as he got him sent off! Ha ha!

http://www.gateshead-fc.com/5042/gateshead-sign-striker-carl-finnigan

Gateshead Sign Striker Carl Finnigan

11/09/2014, by Gateshead FC

Gateshead have signed former Newcastle United reserve and academy striker Carl Finnigan until the end of the season.

The club are still awaiting international clearance for the 27-year-old, who was released by South African side Chippa United in June.

Jarrow-born Finnigan has also enjoyed spells north of the border with Falkirk, St Johnstone and Dundee.

Finnigan scored 59 goals in 102 appearances for Newcastle's reserve side but failed to make a first-team appearance before signing for Scottish Premier League club Falkirk in 2007.

He found the net 27 times in 128 appearances in four-and-a-half years with the Bairns and joined St Johnstone in 2011.

Loaned to Dundee in February 2012, Finnigan scored three goals in five games, and the transfer was made permanent that summer.

He moved to South Africa last year and signed for Port-Elizabeth-based side Chippa United following a successful trial before returning to the north east to link up with Gateshead.

• 2 weeks later...

Jon Shaw

Lewis Guy

James Brown

Michael Rankine

Danny Wright

Carl Finnigan

Tremendous start for him!

Came from behind to win yesterday. Was one of the worst first half performances I've ever seen, followed by a tactical switch and the return of super Jon Shaw. Once the first goal went in there was only ever going to be one winner. That second half was as one sided as it gets.

And next week we get to see Matty Pattison in action :fwap:

Heeeeeeed Army! I've thoroughly enjoyed going this season as my mate Carl Finnigan signed for them! They've got a cracking array of songs and make plenty of noise! Get yourself along if you can in the future!

Guest Howaythetoon

Only right that the Heed is below Barnet at the top. Shame Braintree weren't 3rd but at least Chester's somewhere in the middle. Anatomy.

Awful :lol:

Only right that the Heed is below Barnet at the top. Shame Braintree weren't 3rd but at least Chester's somewhere in the middle. Anatomy.

And the team with the most 'fret' in it is second bottom too!