Gateshead FC

geordiedean

You lack a goalscorer and lose your star man so what do you do? Go out and sign your star striker from 2 years ago (probably the equivalent of us getting Ba back), agree deals for 2 other Football League experienced strikers, and offer a contract to another. Love it. :lol:

Signed some kid called Andrai Jones who Barnsley have released.

I know literally nothing about him. This is like when Newcastle signed players in 1995 and you'd never even seen them before, no youtube or anything, it's mint :lol:

Lewis Guy signed today as well. Played 20 odd games in League 1 last season, pretty big signing I'm guessing.

Nowt but praise for the Heed. Far more ambitious than their "big" brother.

Guest Roger Kint

They play our U21s the week after the World Cup. Should be worth going to.

The way we are going its practically our first team now

Spennymoor are going to have a strong side next year, the top end of that division is going to be very tough with Darlo and Salford having sizeable budgets as well.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Howaythetoon

Next Friday for Curtis' Testimonial against a Newcastle XI.

Pre-match curry with rice, bar facilities, directors box seat, signed programme by James Curtis, half-time tea or coffee - £22.50.

Not bad. Might get to see Ayoze in action too.

Loads of us going to that, can't wait.

Guest thenorthumbrian

"Following on from last season's enthralling promotion push which brought a first Wembley appearance in the club's history, Gateshead FC Season Ticket sales for the forthcoming 2014/15 campaign have soared.

An increase of almost 80% has been recorded so far with supporters getting behind The Heed's fight to get back into the Football League.

As well as Season Tickets being available the club are delighted to offer details of a Flex 15 Ticket for the 2014/15 season."

http://www.gateshead-fc.com/4956/flex-ible-offer-as-season-ticket-sales-soar

Great news for them, would of taken them up on their 15 game flexi offer if I still lived in the area. They're very good at coming up with good offers that help them draw in fans from the bigger clubs in the region and hopefully this is a sign these fans are staying around the club.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Howaythetoon

Great start to the season for the lads despite the very tough fixtures. I reckon they can be serious contenders this year, loving their football as well. Two sloppy goals to concede but they are a threat up top now which they weren't last year. Can't wait to attend some games home and away.

Are we allowed to link the highlights from the clubs official Youtube channel?

I went on to watch the highlights and came across an interview with the Eastleigh manager. Search for 'Richard Hill post match interview vs Gateshead FC', he's quite possibly the biggest prick I've ever seen.