Gateshead FC

geordiedean

Gatesheads tactics were woeful They basically brought 7 or 8 back into there own box when Gateshead had possession and Gateshead had no more than 2 or 3 in there most of the time. Fuck knows what the midfield were doing.

Got what they deserved to be fair. Disappointing show.

Guest neesy111

I'm in TGI Friday's and James Curtis is sitting near us, reckons the guy that got injured snapped his achilles. He looks proper devastated as well. Nearly sent my girlfriend to go and give him a hug lol

Yeah, he said it on TV that he'd done his achilles in.  Fair Play for him still going out into the celebrations in his wheelchair.

I'm in TGI Friday's and James Curtis is sitting near us, reckons the guy that got injured snapped his achilles. He looks proper devastated as well. Nearly sent my girlfriend to go and give him a hug lol

Yeah, he said it on TV that he'd done his achilles in.  Fair Play for him still going out into the celebrations in his wheelchair.

I was annoyed with some of the bile our lot were spewing after it became obvious the guy was in agony.

Think Gateshead played the better football today, and also pretty much contained Cambridge completely. Just lacked enough fret and looked a bit shakey on crosses. Very little between the teams.

Felt really sorry for the big lad at the back who headed a great chance wide at end, he looked absolutely gutted.

Also think that if the Cambridge lad hadn't got injured at that moment then Gateshead might have got a second goal. The momentum was totally with them and the injury snuffed it out.

Good day overall though, very strange to be watching a game where you care and the outcome actually matters.

Wouldn't surprise me if their chairman tries acting on the Gateshead love-in now and quickly offers some sort of good season ticket deal.

And who could blame him? There should be plenty of people seriously considering it as it would send a big message.

Guest thenorthumbrian

The club's profile has certainly been raised over the last few months which can only be of help to them.

The biggest plus is Mills is staying as manager.

Guest taps01

Absolutely need someone to play up top with Marwood like. Meant they weren't putting crosses in as a result. Too much knocking it about on the edge of the box.

Phenomenal support though. Genuinely didn't see one Cambridge fan before kick off, but loads of Heed fans all over the place.

Both sets of fans were spot on to be fair.  Was funny seeing four Gateshead fans stood in the middle of the road goading about 1000 cambridge fans outside The Globe - Was all in good spirits.

Just a shame the ticket prices were so expensive as im sure both teams would have brought more fans along if it was something like £20 a ticket.  Still think they would be better off holding these types of games where there will only be 20/25k at a smaller venue. 

Guest Howaythetoon

Well that was a great weekend, just a shame about the result. Cambridge didn't really deserve their win on the balance of general play but Gateshead fannied about with the ball too much at times and overplayed it a lot. They are a good passing/possession side but lack a threat up top. Hopefully Shaw will come back or they can get an all-rounder up top. A 38 year-old scored their goal!

The whole day was fantastic though, Wembley is an amazing stadium the atmosphere from the Heed fans was great. The fans behaved impeccably the whole weekend and lots of Cambridge fans couldn't believe how sporting they were.

I'm not a true supporter so I was gutted for their genuine fans, especially the hardcore an dof course Wood and Mills and the players who have worked so hard all season. Maybe league football is a step too far at the moment though. Everyone who was there will remember the day, atmosphere and whole ride for a long long time.

I didn't get to the Green Man before the match but went back for a few pints and although practically deserted compared to earlier no doubt, there was still a decent atmosphere.

And the weather... fucking lush. Only bettered by the jack and danny!

They are not my team, but that was one of the best experiences I've had in football and they shall be getting my coin next season. Fuck NUFC until those cunts do one. They are getting nowt out of me, money, emotion, not a thing. I've been to more Heed matches in this last season alone than I have Toon games in the last 3.

Guest Howaythetoon

Just a shame the ticket prices were so expensive as im sure both teams would have brought more fans along if it was something like £20 a ticket.  Still think they would be better off holding these types of games where there will only be 20/25k at a smaller venue. 

Ticket prices were insane, it should be 20-25 quid max. That said, it has to be played at Wembley for the fans and players because its often a once in a life-time occasion. Even though there was just under 20K there the atmosphere was cracking and looking around it was obviously empty, but looking around the Heed fans it wasn't and the same at the Cambridge end and that's all that matters really.

I hope a good number of the 8K or so who attended Wembley and the Grimsby Semi stick around for next season like.

I paid £20 for a ticket and drank cans outside Wembo in the sun.

Not sure why anyone would go to the pub with them prices when it was boiling outside.

Prob had a better view than anyone at the green man also.

Walked past on the way and looked shit

• 2 weeks later...