Gateshead FC

geordiedean

Guest ThievingMagpie

Love the result on Sunday, my mates who still live in the area have told me that both Mackems and Geordies showed up, and no one seemed to have a problem with each other. Funny, that. Regarding the GIS, yes, it has a track but if you look at it and the distances, is it really worse than being up on level 7 and even further away to the pitch then at the GIS? No, and people pay a huge sum of money to watch matches from there. A new stadium is absolutely paramount for the Heed to keep progressing if they do make it back to the league but I think that's more of a medium term thing now. Hopefully they make it to League 2, if not, it's been a great season and hopefully Gary Mills stays and gets them back in the playoffs next season. I reckon he is the only reason that they even made it this far.

Not going for that price, and I doubt I'm the only one.  Shame for Gateshead/Cambridge.  Should be 20 quid at the most.

Standard Wembley bullshit that like. It's the conference play off final ffs. Hate to think how much a Championship ticket is.

Will obviously be a dry bus but only £28 coach travel there & back.

Megabus was £18 return when i last checked. Comes back at 10:30pm so can have a few pints before the journey home then sleep it off on the bus. Not good if you're at work Monday morning i suppose but it's an option.

Would love to see them in the Football League. Knew Mills would be a good appointment; he's already won one Conference Play-off final with York City, too. Got Tamworth up into the Conference n'all.

Guest Roger Kint

is it worth paying the extra for level 2 or do you think once you are in people will just move higher anyway with it being practically empty?

Second tier is a completely different section isnt it? Be surprised if you could walk into it from there the way its designed

Guest taps01

Any idea how many they are anticipating travelling down for this?  I see Cambridge have sold 10k tickets so far. 

A friend was telling me this morning that apparently we've had to ask for more tickets... I know as of per yesterday there was 1400 travelling officially on 25 coaches... Though I know of a load of others making their own way in groups of 16 to 40 etc...

Guest thenorthumbrian

Fantastic support for Gateshead FC from their fans "Extra Heed". Must be great for the Gateshead fans to feel so much part of their club to want to do this.

"Gateshead supporters have rallied around as the club gears up for one of the greatest days in its 84 year history.

The 'Extra Heed' have raised a four figure sum to finance the trip to Wembley for the squad and management.

Members of the 'Extra Heed' donate £10 a month and the money raised this season will pay for a two night stay at the luxurious Sopwell House Hotel in St. Albans and the coach travel to and from London."

http://www.gateshead-fc.com/4893/heed-go-the-extra-mile