Gateshead FC

geordiedean

Guest washeymag

Meet some Grimsby fans at Durham Services after the game and they said they were the better team over the two legs and asked me if I was Glory hunting Gateshead fan I said I was a Toon fan and they said they loved the moment their defender give Shearer a Moustache so I said were are the two clubs now and they shut up and got back on their bus.

Even the players were their with their rather large headphones on  :snod: :snod:

They need to shift if the want consistently bigger crowds like. The international stadium is a s*** place to watch football

A new ground was mooted on land beside the Civic Centre, apparently - but some locals (I think the Jewish community) objected. Stand to be corrected though.

I think one poster earlier in thread confirmed this as "some Jew..." :lol:

Meet some Grimsby fans at Durham Services after the game and they said they were the better team over the two legs and asked me if I was Glory hunting Gateshead fan I said I was a Toon fan and they said they loved the moment their defender give Shearer a Moustache so I said were are the two clubs now and they shut up and got back on their bus.

Even the players were their with their rather large headphones on  :snod: :snod:

Christ, imagine if that's all you have to be proud of. Your centre half years ago drew blood from Alan Shearer.

If they do go up maybe they will request home matches to be played when we're away... would help them a little, and the plod might actually want that anyway...

Wouldn't be surprise after the way the idiots from Grimsby went on yesterday.

Guest Howaythetoon

Great day all-round, well looking forward to Wembley. Grimsby fans were complete and utter idiots, well a reasonable number of them anyway.

Great day all-round, well looking forward to Wembley. Grimsby fans were complete and utter idiots, well a reasonable number of them anyway.

Never liked Grimsby after our past altercations. What a crap name too - Grimsby.

Guest Howaythetoon

It will be tough in the final, Cambridge will bring a big following and they are a better side. but Gateshead shouldn't fear anyone. If they keep their pressing and passing game going, showing the work-rate and commitment they have done, they will stand a big chance.

They have a very good 'keeper who comes for everything and usually collects and his distribution is very good too.

In Clarke and Curtis they have a very good centre-back pairing who both like to play the ball out. They are not the quickest, but they read the game well and can mix it physically.

In midfield Chandler is like a little terrier and Oster despite his age and lack of legs, runs things visually and with his range of passing. Marwood is the top scorer and a real threat especially from deep or over the top.

The only problem from what I've seen of their games is they aren't the biggest nor most physical of sides and their full-backs seem like headless chickens at times. They lack a real threat up top too in terms of someone dominating a centre-back or holding the ball up.

They are an honest side though and try to play good football and Mills their manager seems to have what it takes, he has done wonders there with a decent enough side, but with many limitations.

I'm thoroughly enjoying their games, the whole atmosphere, feel and above all else, the actual football. Its a decent standard. They would give NUFC a good game easily.

It will be tough in the final, Cambridge will bring a big following and they are a better side. but Gateshead shouldn't fear anyone. If they keep their pressing and passing game going, showing the work-rate and commitment they have done, they will stand a big chance.

They have a very good 'keeper who comes for everything and usually collects and his distribution is very good too.

In Clarke and Curtis they have a very good centre-back pairing who both like to play the ball out. They are not the quickest, but they read the game well and can mix it physically.

In midfield Chandler is like a little terrier and Oster despite his age and lack of legs, runs things visually and with his range of passing. Marwood is the top scorer and a real threat especially from deep or over the top.

The only problem from what I've seen of their games is they aren't the biggest nor most physical of sides and their full-backs seem like headless chickens at times. They lack a real threat up top too in terms of someone dominating a centre-back or holding the ball up.

They are an honest side though and try to play good football and Mills their manager seems to have what it takes, he has done wonders there with a decent enough side, but with many limitations.

I'm thoroughly enjoying their games, the whole atmosphere, feel and above all else, the actual football. Its a decent standard. They would give NUFC a good game easily.

Magnay has been at left back recently but his natural position is centre half. Probably does look a little lost at times out there. Baxter at right back was there for years before Bogie released him and he went to Bedlington in the Northern League for a bit. I remember watching Gateshead in the Unibond/Evo-Stick and he didn't particularly stand out then but he's always been a trier and puts in 100%. Oster and Chandler are the most important players they have due to the system they play. Oster sits back and sprays the ball out wide and retains possession really well. Although Chandler is seen as a terrier and a bit of spoiler, he's also pivotal going forward as he is the one who breaks forward to support Marwood. I'm not Marwoods biggest fan to be fair, he's very lightweight and doesn't keep the ball very well but he's another trier who'll chase down any ball played into the channels.

I'd just really love to see Gateshead do this. I went to away games about 15 year ago against the likes of Hednesford, Leigh RMI and Altrincham. Even though I was young I remember one year when Keith Fletcher was the main man up front, he played for Gateshead on the Saturday then through the week he flied out to play in a World Cup qualifier for Grenada. Really loved the Heed team back then although I struggle to remember many of them. Adrian Swan in goal is one I remember, Sam Kitchen at Centre Half, Steve Bowey in the middle of the park and Fletcher up front. Great backbone to that side similar to what they have now albeit with a lot more quality.

Guest Howaythetoon

Magnay has been at left back recently but his natural position is centre half. Probably does look a little lost at times out there. Baxter at right back was there for years before Bogie released him and he went to Bedlington in the Northern League for a bit. I remember watching Gateshead in the Unibond/Evo-Stick and he didn't particularly stand out then but he's always been a trier and puts in 100%. Oster and Chandler are the most important players they have due to the system they play. Oster sits back and sprays the ball out wide and retains possession really well. Although Chandler is seen as a terrier and a bit of spoiler, he's also pivotal going forward as he is the one who breaks forward to support Marwood. I'm not Marwoods biggest fan to be fair, he's very lightweight and doesn't keep the ball very well but he's another trier who'll chase down any ball played into the channels.

I'd just really love to see Gateshead do this. I went to away games about 15 year ago against the likes of Hednesford, Leigh RMI and Altrincham. Even though I was young I remember one year when Keith Fletcher was the main man up front, he played for Gateshead on the Saturday then through the week he flied out to play in a World Cup qualifier for Grenada. Really loved the Heed team back then although I struggle to remember many of them. Adrian Swan in goal is one I remember, Sam Kitchen at Centre Half, Steve Bowey in the middle of the park and Fletcher up front. Great backbone to that side similar to what they have now albeit with a lot more quality.

Magnay was in the Nags Head last night enjoying a few with the fans. Baxter is quick and wholehearted, but he is a headless chicken. I love Chandler as he is literally everywhere, but you are right in that he is more than a spoiler or destroyer, a lot goes through him. Oster is the main man for me, however. Of them all you can tell he was once a Premier League player or an international. He sees things quicker and reacts quicker, his vision at times yesterday and some of the balls he played was sublime. I like the 'keeper the most, of them all he could probably make it beyond this league and perhaps even into league two. His distribution is superb and he comes for everything and more often than not plucks that ball from out of the air/an attacker's head.

It would be great to see them go up, apparently they will make a cool extra 1m on the back of it, although overheads would increase, but not enough to make it an impossible task to stay a league club. What they badly need is a new stadium.

Mills has something about him like, he is tactically astute and has the players playing a progressive, pressing and passing game tied to an amazing level of work-rate and commitment. He's no spring chicken, but he is a step above Gateshead to be honest. If they don't go up, they might struggle to keep a hold of him and a few of their players too.

I'm just a hanger on really, there in some kind of protest against Ashley and Pardew etc. but more the merrier. They have a few hundred hard core 'Heed lads though so yesterday and Wembley is great for them. Hopefully they will make it.

They need to shift if the want consistently bigger crowds like. The international stadium is a shit place to watch football

A new ground was mooted on land beside the Civic Centre, apparently - but some locals (I think the Jewish community) objected. Stand to be corrected though.

Didn't think there would be enough space for a stadium next to the civic.

They need to shift if the want consistently bigger crowds like. The international stadium is a s*** place to watch football

Looking to build where the skate park is on the bypass last I heard. Was some proper hooligan wannabes there last night, all about 12 running on pitch and some nuggets with nufc and scum shirts on

They need to shift if the want consistently bigger crowds like. The international stadium is a shit place to watch football

Think there is, on the old North Durham ground.