Gateshead FC

geordiedean

May pop along myself, although I have actually been to a Gateshead game before. As an away fan though. They'll be fucked if they get up though. No way they'll survive L2 on less than 1k gates.

May pop along myself, although I have actually been to a Gateshead game before. As an away fan though. They'll be f***ed if they get up though. No way they'll survive L2 on less than 1k gates.

They would get more in the league and the away followings will be bigger.

Anyone know what wages are like in non-league compared to League 2? If promoted will these players be doubling their wages and not forced to work another job (I'm just assuming they do that now)?

May pop along myself, although I have actually been to a Gateshead game before. As an away fan though. They'll be f***ed if they get up though. No way they'll survive L2 on less than 1k gates.

Won't be that much bigger mate. Most clubs in L2 (likes of Pompey excepted) will take less than 500 to away games. Some as few as 50. They will always struggle with midweek home games due to the travelling.

You might be right but hope they do OK if they pull it off. Might get a few disgruntled Newcastle fans too.

Won't be that much bigger mate. Most clubs in L2 (likes of Pompey excepted) will take less than 500 to away games. Some as few as 50. They will always struggle with midweek home games due to the travelling.

The majority of conference players are full time but they don't earn much, like £500 p/week or less, and most will only be on one year deal. If they don't get resigned they are off. Also there is fuck all money about in that league or L2, most successful teams have a large fanbase (ex-league teams) or someone putting the cash in. It is hardly the glamorous football life.

May pop along myself, although I have actually been to a Gateshead game before. As an away fan though. They'll be fucked if they get up though. No way they'll survive L2 on less than 1k gates.

Ah I've been to like 10 Gateshead home games in my life, not for a few years mind. Still half a Tynesiders scarf from when I was about 15.

Graham Wood has backed Gateshead with money, since their Evo-Stick Premier League days. Think he used to be on the mackems' board. What Goatsheed have in their favor is they do go up, is that a lot of apathetic Mags might decide to switch to following them to reconnect with football. Personally I won't, as I'm a Blyth sympathizer. I think the Heed has got everything in place to make a good go at League 2.

Graham Wood has backed Gateshead with money, since their Evo-Stick Premier League days. Think he used to be on the mackems' board. What Goatsheed have in their favor is they do go up, is that a lot of apathetic Mags might decide to switch to following them to reconnect with football. Personally I won't, as I'm a Blyth sympathizer. I think the Heed has got everything in place to make a good go at League 2.

Graham used to be heavily involved down at Hampton & Richmond a few years ago. Put a few bob in there and then sold all his shares (about 35%) to the Supporters trust for £1. Thoroughly good chap and has a decent wedge but he can't finance them forever. They would seriously need to draw in some support and get close to 3k through the gate to make it work.

Good point that actually. Right now could be ideal timing, do you reckon there'll actually be many who swap?

Depends if they make it. I can imagine a fair few mags and mackems will be heading down to Wembley. If Gatehead go up, then who knows? They seem to have a good young side, with some ex Newcastle kids and a decent manager in Gary Mills.

They need to shift if the want consistently bigger crowds like. The international stadium is a shit place to watch football

A new ground was mooted on land beside the Civic Centre, apparently - but some locals (I think the Jewish community) objected. Stand to be corrected though.

Overheard A woman working there today, said there would be an announcement after the end of the season about the existing stadium plans. I suspect either the woman in question knows nowt (most likely) or any plans might be dependant on promotion.

They need to shift if the want consistently bigger crowds like. The international stadium is a s*** place to watch football

A new ground was mooted on land beside the Civic Centre, apparently - but some locals (I think the Jewish community) objected. Stand to be corrected though.

:badyao: