Gateshead FC

geordiedean

At home in the second leg on Sunday, will be nice to see some football played by a north east team for a change.

Fingers crossed I can finally see a Tyneside team at Wembly

I went down to see Dunston in 2012, hopefully go again to watch the heed!

Anybody who went yesterday know what that incident in the East Stand was about? Bit of a scuffle then some idiot seemed to rain repeated heavy blows on some by now defenseless victim. Really was some nuggets there yesterday. 50 yr olds in their wannabe hooligan gear trying to get on the pitch etc. Pleased Gateshead won and good luck in the play offs. Showing my age again but doesn't seem like 2 mins ago since Newcastle were playing Cambridge year in, year out. In reality it was about 30 yrs ago like.

Guest Howaythetoon

Anybody who went yesterday know what that incident in the East Stand was about? Bit of a scuffle then some idiot seemed to rain repeated heavy blows on some by now defenseless victim. Really was some nuggets there yesterday. 50 yr olds in their wannabe hooligan gear trying to get on the pitch etc. Pleased Gateshead won and good luck in the play offs. Showing my age again but doesn't seem like 2 mins ago since Newcastle were playing Cambridge year in, year out. In reality it was about 30 yrs ago like.

Apparently a spat between a mackem and a Mag.

I went yesterday, 40 quid for a ticket, 3 course meal, half-time coffee and biccies and all you can drink. I had 6 pints and 3 double whiskeys, god knows what the others had. After full-time we met the owner, manager and some of the players. The last time I had such a memorable day at a game was when we beat the mackems 5-1. Gateshead put the Toon to shame on and off the pitch. That's me hooked now, they are now my team. We were chanting we are from Newcastle, super super Newcastle, but we quite like the 'Heed. Great atmosphere and a really enjoyable match, they play better football than Newcastle. A trip to Wembley beckons, if so we are all going full corporate the full hog. Our company even got a mention on radio Newcastle. Jim Montgomery was there, a true gentleman and absolute legend.

Loads of former hoollies mind, proper sad.

Some of the Gremlins, HTT? :(

Glad you enjoyed your day. Being a Blyth sympathizer, I'm not sure I could bring myself to go and watch Gateshead - but gotta give them credit where it's due. Graham Wood has put his money where is mouth is and is getting the club the recognition it deserves. Just a pity that someone similar wouldn't do the same at Croft Park, because the potential for a Football League club is there too, IMO.

We've done the hospitality thing three times this season, thoroughly enjoyable and well worth 40 quid...

We're doing it again next Sunday as well.... given what I spend when I go to our games its better value and might even do the whole of next season irrespective of what league they're in. It would be great if a large scale group of Newcastle season ticket holders did it for one game next season, sold out the stadium and left 10 thousand empty seats at St James.... It would certainly make people sit up and think........

Ironic that they're playing Grimsby as well since they ended the 11 out of 11 streak, and we went up against them!

If anyone wants to come along and lend us your support for the 2nd leg at home on Sunday, tickets are now on sale at Gateshead stadium ticket office and online:

Ticket office hours: Monday 28th April - Friday 2nd May 10:00am to 8:00pm, Saturday 3rd May - 10:00am to 6:00pm & Sunday 4th May - 10:00am until kick-off

or

Online - http://www.gateshead-fc.com/shop/index.php?route=product/category&path=59 (Tickets are not posted out and must be collected from the ticket office at the above times).

----

There is also the 1st leg away at Grimsby Town this Thursday, 7:45pm.

Gateshead Supporters Club are running buses to this leaving Gateshead Stadium at 3pm, the bus is £15, deposits for the bus booking can be made at Gateshead Stadium Box Office or at the Grey Nags Head pub on Gateshead High Street. Alternatively you can contact the supporters club at [email protected]

Tickets for the match at Grimsby can be pre-purchased on the Grimsby website for £1.50 cheaper - http://www.extra-gtfc.co.uk/acatalog/Grimsby-Town-v-TBC-(Visitors-Stand)-862.html

Thanks for your support!

More info on http://www.gateshead-fc.com

Guest thenorthumbrian

Couldn't blame United fans if they drift away from Newcastle and start supporting the 'Heed, particularly those ones from south of the river.

Grimsby Town v Gateshead, Conference Premier play-off semi-final 1st leg is live on BT Sport tonight from 7:30pm.

BBC Newcastle are also covering the game live from 7pm on digital and 1458AM radio, as well as on-line.

Guest Roger Kint

3000 tickets sold so far for the home leg. Hopefully be a sellout if they get a decent result tonight