Gateshead FC

geordiedean

What's happening about the new ground does anyone know? Only good thing in current set up is the hospitality package. 40 quid includes a match ticket, 3 course meal and free bar for two hours before game and an hour afterwards :)

Decent deal that.

What's happening about the new ground does anyone know? Only good thing in current set up is the hospitality package. 40 quid includes a match ticket, 3 course meal and free bar for two hours before game and an hour afterwards :)

They are looking for a new location because the site they had earmarked previously now appears to be on a site too small.

I honestly don't think they will ever get their stadium built.

Some Jew owns the land they were looking to build on, and is unwilling to budge, as they want to build a new park for the kids or some bullshit.

Given it is on the edge of the mostly densely populated jewish community outside Israel that's probably true although there is already saltwell park and also parks at the jewish schools on Alexandra road.

Some Jew owns the land they were looking to build on, and is unwilling to budge, as they want to build a new park for the kids or some bullshit.

Lol "some Jew"

Was I the only one who had a vision of Christophe Waltz...

They'll be a joke in the Football League if they go up. Attendances of 700 in that tip is a recipe for disaster when they're being more or less bankrolled by Graham Wood.

I like to see them do well but that is the sad truth.

Guest neesy111

Is there much in the way of financial reward making the leap from Conference to League 2?

There's a gap but isn't like the gap from the Championship to the Premier League (proportion wise).

Is there much in the way of financial reward making the leap from Conference to League 2?

Quite big I think.

Overall Conference deal was worth £300k, each L2 club gets £240k.

Guest neesy111

Not sure, probably just in terms of sponsorships & gate money.

They'll get something from the Football League TV pot + what money the FL get from the PL.  Not much but probably better the conference pot.

The difference in TV money seems big proportionately but TV money isn't the thing for clubs at that level. They can get more in 1 FA Cup game than they can in a season of TV rights regardless of L2 or Conf.

The cost of competing in the FL for Gateshead is too much of a stretch for them long term without a better fanbase to fall back on. They are already bankrolled to offset having some of the lowest attendances in the Conf.