Gateshead FC

geordiedean

Quite impressed with the football Gateshead played tbh, me and few of the lads went and wondered what they were doing passing the ball to each other, running at the opposition and having a go down the wings. Where were the defensive wingers, long balls and static players.

Quite impressed with the football Gateshead played tbh, me and few of the lads went and wondered what they were doing passing the ball to each other, running at the opposition and having a go down the wings. Where were the defensive wingers, long balls and static players.

Is that what you got told to how they play before you arrived, like?

Played some good stuff Gateshead last night but lacked that little bit of quality in the final 3rd. They never deserved to get beat and I thought at the game the penalty decision was harsh. Still haven't seen the replay but I've been told it was a poor decision. The referee gave every 50/50 to Oxford all night so it wasn't a surprise.

No that's what i'm used to :)

No that's what i'm used to :)

Oh. Guess you give up watching us after least season then because none of what you have stated is true to this season. Suddenly we have defensive wingers because they track back well? Long balls? We don't play many of those anymore compared to what we did. Static players? Think you'll find our side is now one of the most hard working in the league and not many of them are static.

• 1 month later...

Didn't realise Gateshead were now 4th in the Conference. Since I'm finished with NUFC, certainly for this season and probably until Ashley, Kinnear and Pardew are gone I might start taking in a few of their matches. A Promotion challenge with something actually riding on their remaining fixtures sounds a lot more appealing than what's on offer at SJP under the current regime.

Didn't realise Gateshead were now 4th in the Conference. Since I'm finished with NUFC, certainly for this season and probably until Ashley, Kinnear and Pardew are gone I might start taking in a few of their matches. A Promotion challenge with something actually riding on their remaining fixtures sounds a lot more appealing than what's on offer at SJP under the current regime.

O0

League is massively skewed in terms of fixtures towards them. Be class if they could reach the playoffs though. Mills is doing a great job.

Guest ThievingMagpie

The heed are probably going to make the playoffs but I don't think they will win it, if they do it'll be massive for them. I hope if they do finally make back to the league they will finally sort out their stadium situation because the International Stadium is not going to cut it for them and will not attract the kind of crowds they are hoping for. iirc, they only average about 600 fans per game which is pretty poor to say the least but hopefully if they get into their own stadium preferably on prince consort road they will attract bigger crowds.

Guest ThievingMagpie

Is the new stadium no dead and buried now?

It probably is but I have a small glimmer of hope they will make that site work because that site is perfect. It's close to the city centre and easily walkable. Plus if the heed ever make themselves into say a championship level club it'd be nice to just see St. James and their stadium so close. (I know this is border lining on football fan fiction...sorry.)

• 1 month later...

Soon as they get there own ground Gateshead will be my main focus.

I would rather give them my money than this shit.

Maybe if enough people copied then a deserving local football team would benifit and Ashley have to act.

Never going to happen but I can dream

Soon as they get there own ground Gateshead will be my main focus.

I would rather give them my money than this shit.

Maybe if enough people copied then a deserving local football team would benifit and Ashley have to act.

Never going to happen but I can dream

You certainly can :naughty:

They'd be the smallest club to hold a league position for years if they get up. Be class.

Given the job Mills has done and his past record, they'd be a decent bet to get up next season if they don't this season.