Gateshead FC

geordiedean

5 wins in 8 under Mills and 5 off the play-offs now. Turned it around.

I think they've got a good chance of getting in the play offs now. Mills is a good manager at that level and they do have a strong squad. Would love to see Gateshead in the football league.

Whats the craic with the proposed new ground? If they ever moved to a new ground & could arrange  to play on a friday night I think the crowds would be ok, I know quite a few lads in the Whickham area who have said they would probably go if this ever happened, we went once to the international stadium, it was horrible (can't remember the game).

Whats the craic with the proposed new ground? If they ever moved to a new ground & could arrange  to play on a friday night I think the crowds would be ok, I know quite a few lads in the Whickham area who have said they would probably go if this ever happened, we went once to the international stadium, it was horrible (can't remember the game).

aye, a tighter ground without the running track would be more appealing.

I'd consider going if they move the ground opposite the Civic Centre as planned... They should look to give discounts to NUFC ST holders... That could boost the numbers and generate some interest... As it stands it's too expensive to support one football team let alone two...

I'd consider going if they move the ground opposite the Civic Centre as planned... They should look to give discounts to NUFC ST holders... That could boost the numbers and generate some interest... As it stands it's too expensive to support one football team let alone two...

They already do, £9 for NUFC ST holders.

They do i think.

Cheers... Out of interest how much is full price!?... I'm guessing more than a tenner!?...

Cheers... Out of interest how much is full price!?... I'm guessing more than a tenner!?...

Was £14 when I went v Grimsby last season.

Crowds may prove an issue if they were promoted but fans from us and the scum may start drifting to watch them rather than us on  a Sat afternoon if we both continue to look terrible. Would be a good idea if they moved to a Friday as I would probably go along to a few, as it stands going to our game one Sat and theirs next Sat won't make my wife happy.

Being from Gateshead I would love them to get into the leagues, My first club has always been nufc but always look for their results and go to a few games where I can. Be good if they get their new stadium as international is a total dump

If they could get a regular base of 2000-3000 they might be able to manage League Two. Their crowds when there's a big one off game (Play Offs a few years back, Darlo in the FA Trophy Semi, etc) show the numbers are there, it's just keeping it on a regular basis. New stadium and unhappy NUFC fans might boost things.

If they could get a regular base of 2000-3000 they might be able to manage League Two. Their crowds when there's a big one off game (Play Offs a few years back, Darlo in the FA Trophy Semi, etc) show the numbers are there, it's just keeping it on a regular basis. New stadium and unhappy NUFC fans might boost things.

I think unhappy NUFC fans will be key, I know a lot of NUFC fans that rock up at Gateshead just because they can't afford to watch us or that they have just had enough of watching us.

I'm thinking of starting myself as get to frustrated watching us and pay £600 a season for the pleasure, maybe a bit of grass roots and realism for a few seasons wouldn't be a bad thing. In fact I think we should all sell out the next gateshead / blyth / anyone game at that level and avoid the next NUFC home game.

I think unhappy NUFC fans will be key, I know a lot of NUFC fans that rock up at Gateshead just because they can't afford to watch us or that they have just had enough of watching us.

I'm thinking of starting myself as get to frustrated watching us and pay £600 a season for the pleasure, maybe a bit of grass roots and realism for a few seasons wouldn't be a bad thing. In fact I think we should all sell out the next gateshead / blyth / anyone game at that level and avoid the next NUFC home game.

Tell you what, as protest forms go that's the best idea I've seen yet. I know it'd cost an extra £15 or whatever but if those who are protesting add 4-5000 to Gateshead's attendance on a week there's a Newcastle home match seeing the crowd drop to around 44k, that's some message.

Tell you what, as protest forms go that's the best idea I've seen yet. I know it'd cost an extra £15 or whatever but if those who are protesting add 4-5000 to Gateshead's attendance on a week there's a Newcastle home match seeing the crowd drop to around 44k, that's some message.

Imagine if our crowd dropped significantly and all of a sudden non-league crowds were massively up one week :) - would be fantastic and your right it would send a hell of a message, the unfortunate thing with any form of protest is that we don't have anywhere near enough people that would be interested in the protest to make a difference. It is required on a mass scale and at least a hit of around 5-10k on the crowd for them to take notice.

Recent news on SSC is that they are pulling out of the site next to the Civic centre, the reason cited is 'negative reactions by residents'. They are on the look our for a new location, this is rumoured to be somewhere in the vast open land just off the Felling bypass.

I honestly think 10k is unrealistic, even with a disgruntled NUFC fan base and Gateshead in the football league. It would be nice if they became a community club, not necessarily ran by the community but have facilities at the stadium that the community can use outside of football matches, like how they wanted an NHS centre in the previous planned stadium.

• 2 weeks later...