Gateshead FC

geordiedean

Heard they've had over 50 applications for the manager's role, including Dean Saunders and Terry Burton (ex-Wimbledon). Hope they don't go for another local manager with no reputation, they need someone who can attract players from other areas, reckon Saunders would be able to do that.

they need that new ground. mself and a good few mates (and I'll bet thats repeated through a few newcastle/sunderland fans) would be very tempted to go to gateshead but watching football at the international stadium is a sole destroying experience.

Gary Mills is the new manager (the bloke who took York City back into the Football League)

http://www.gateshead-fc.com/4593/gary-mills-unveiled-as-new-gateshead-manager

Great appointment.

Heard they've had over 50 applications for the manager's role, including Dean Saunders and Terry Burton (ex-Wimbledon). Hope they don't go for another local manager with no reputation, they need someone who can attract players from other areas, reckon Saunders would be able to do that.

they need that new ground. mself and a good few mates (and I'll bet thats repeated through a few newcastle/sunderland fans) would be very tempted to go to gateshead but watching football at the international stadium is a sole destroying experience.

Why's it so rubbish, out of interest?

Quite some distance from the action due to the running track and unless it's a relatively big game everyone's in the Tyne & Wear Stand, so it just looks and feels empty. That said, I went to the game against Tamworth when they got promoted back to the Conference and ended up behind one of the goals and I'd have killed to be in the Tyne & Wear Stand. They'd left the bloody net up from the hammer throwing. I could barely see a thing.

I was going to go to Gateshead this weekend with there being no Premier League football on but the ground is putting me off. I might head to Birtley instead.

Quite some distance from the action due to the running track and unless it's a relatively big game everyone's in the Tyne & Wear Stand, so it just looks and feels empty. That said, I went to the game against Tamworth when they got promoted back to the Conference and ended up behind one of the goals and I'd have killed to be in the Tyne & Wear Stand. They'd left the bloody net up from the hammer throwing. I could barely see a thing.

I was going to go to Gateshead this weekend with there being no Premier League football on but the ground is putting me off. I might head to Birtley instead.

:icon_salut:

:icon_salut:

It's only because Washington are playing in the arse end of Durham.

The view's actually ok if you sit at the top/near the top of the Tyne and Wear stand, lower down and the athletics track plays a big part. It's certainly not perfect but closer than from level 7 at St James'.

If you're at a loose end on Saturday, it's National Non-League Day (sounds a bit cheesy) and we're at home to Hereford United. Hopefully should be a good match and really kick start the season now we have a decent manager in (It's also £5 off the price of an adult ticket for NUFC season ticket holders).

• 4 weeks later...

Went to my first gateshead match on Tuesday. Within 2 minutes of the kick off I'd seen one of the best goals I've seen live.

I'd strongly recommend going to a well known video site and typing in "Carl Magnay's 40 Yard strike against Chester FC"

Aye, seen it the other day - cracking hit. Same lad won one of them TV programs a few year ago to win a contract at Chelsea. Noticed that ex mackem scored for Chester, he must be quality at that level.

• 2 weeks later...