Gateshead FC

geordiedean

Guest ThievingMagpie

Fucking love Gateshead, me. Shame about not making the playoffs but next year is Our Year

Howay the Heed

• 5 months later...

Just found out that Ryan Donaldson plays for these.

One of those who always seemed to think he'd made it.

Stupid twat said anyone from Newcastle would have gone to Liverpool under the same circumstances as Carroll, not fussed that he's turned out to be shite

• 1 month later...

What's happening with the stadium?

They can't get the full funds for it, rumours about the location changing (which may effect the tenants for units inside the ground), crowds are nowhere near big enough to warrant a move.

Guest neesy111

I would like to go and watch Gateshead more but I hate Gateshead stadium as a football venue.  Smaller more compact ground please.

• 8 months later...

Newcastle United FC and Gateshead FC Agree Fans Partnership

Newcastle United have cemented their close relationship with neighbours Gateshead Football Club after agreeing a partnership which will make football even more affordable for fans across Tyneside.

The clubs have teamed up to offer all Newcastle United members discounted entry to all of the Heed's home Football Conference Premier League fixtures during the 2013/14 season, with an adult and junior able to see 90 minutes of action for just £11 combined per match.

On presenting a valid Newcastle United season ticket or membership card, Toon fans will be able to benefit from entry priced at just £9 for adults – a saving of £5 – while under-16s can already gain access for only £2 when accompanied by an adult.

As part of the Conference Premier, the fifth tier of English football, Gateshead will be looking to mount a serious promotion push during the 2013/14 campaign but will face the challenge of a number of notable ex-Football League sides.

Luton Town, Hereford United, Wrexham and Cambridge United will all be travelling to Gateshead International Stadium this season, with the prize of a return to the Football League promising some entertaining clashes.

John Irving, financial director at Newcastle United, said: "We are delighted to offer our support to Gateshead. As well as being our closest neighbours, the clubs share a lot in common, particularly fans who would love to see both Tyneside clubs succeed.

"Our partnership will give fans and their families even more affordable access to a high standard of football close to home so we hope as many people as possible can make it along to watch both clubs throughout next season any beyond."

In addition to their close proximity, the clubs have a number of other close links, with current Newcastle assistant manager John Carver making in excess of 100 league appearances for Gateshead as a player and a number of current Magpies players, including Paul Dummett and James Tavernier, enjoying loan spells for the Conference club.

And with Gateshead playing their home games just three miles from St. James' Park on the opposite side of the River Tyne, the Heed are now encouraging Toon fans to get behind their other local side and swell the numbers at the Conference Premier's largest stadium.

Gateshead vice chairman, Brian Waites – the scheme's originator – said: "The cooperation and relationship between the clubs has flourished in recent years with the realisation that there are mutual benefits to be gained from working together.

"Both clubs are committed to playing an important role in the community and this initiative is one more step in creating a sense of togetherness among people of Tyneside. As a lifelong fan of both clubs I am delighted to see this initiative get underway."

For more information or to secure your Newcastle United membership, please visit www.nufc.co.uk/members. Season tickets also remain available at St. James' Park by calling 0844 372 1892 or visiting www.nufc.co.uk/tickets

For more information about Gateshead FC, including fixtures, tickets and visiting Gateshead International Stadium, please visit www.gateshead-fc.com.

Used to love going to Gateshead games back when they were in the Unibond League. Since they got promoted to the Conference I've stopped though as it seems the decent lads who attend are outnumbered by fucking divvies. And these divvies are worse than Newcastle United's divvies. I went to the cup game against Blyth two seasons back and wanted to leave at half time.

Still though this news today is decent for them and should hopefully see a rise in their crowds, hasn't stopped a Heed fan I have on FB whinging his tits off though.

Used to love going to Gateshead games back when they were in the Unibond League. Since they got promoted to the Conference I've stopped though as it seems the decent lads who attend are outnumbered by fucking divvies. And these divvies are worse than Newcastle United's divvies. I went to the cup game against Blyth two seasons back and wanted to leave at half time.

Still though this news today is decent for them and should hopefully see a rise in their crowds, hasn't stopped a Heed fan I have on FB whinging his tits off though.

Whey, thinking about it, if he's not a Newcastle supporter, he won't get cheap tickets. ???

Am I reading that right?

Whey, thinking about it, if he's not a Newcastle supporter, he won't get cheap tickets. ???

Am I reading that right?

Yeah, he won't get cheaper tickets but at the end of the day surely the club getting a boost in attendances is the most important thing when you look at how poor their crowds have been.

• 2 weeks later...

Heard they've had over 50 applications for the manager's role, including Dean Saunders and Terry Burton (ex-Wimbledon). Hope they don't go for another local manager with no reputation, they need someone who can attract players from other areas, reckon Saunders would be able to do that.