Gateshead FC

geordiedean

Any trouble between the fans?

The helicopter was oot before. No idea if it was for that,

The helicopter was to guide in the Gateshead buses.

Not sure why people thought there would be trouble, there's actually very little history between the sides, but Gateshead seem particularly averse to all things green and white.

And Blyth aren't averse to anything Gateshead, to the extent where they started the rivalry in the first place back in the early 90s when they turned up to cheer on Telford against Gateshead in the FA Trophy?

...Anyway, I'm glad to be through to the 2nd round and looking forward to the draw.

That Shaw looks like a pretty solid non-league player like. Won absolutely everything today.

Any trouble between the fans?

The helicopter was oot before. No idea if it was for that,

The helicopter was to guide in the Gateshead buses.

Not sure why people thought there would be trouble, there's actually very little history between the sides, but Gateshead seem particularly averse to all things green and white.

And Blyth aren't averse to anything Gateshead, to the extent where they started the rivalry in the first place back in the early 90s when they turned up to cheer on Telford against Gateshead in the FA Trophy?

...Anyway, I'm glad to be through to the 2nd round and looking forward to the draw.

That Shaw looks like a pretty solid non-league player like. Won absolutely everything today.

The Shaw/Brittain combo over the last 2 years has been brilliant for us. Brits has the best crossing ability of anyone in non-league and Shaw is an old fashioned style centre forward who's great in the box (especially with his head).

• 1 month later...

If anyone fancies some other football over the the Christmas/New Year period,  Gateshead take on Darlington twice.

Boxing Day (Monday), 12pm: Gateshead v Darlington - Gateshead International Stadium - Match Preview

then

New Years Day (Sunday), 12pm: Darlington v Gateshead - Darlington Arena - Match Details

Gateshead Supporters Club are running buses to Darlington if anyone wants to come along - http://www.gatesheadfcsupportersclub.org.uk/away-travel/darlington-sunday1stjan

Watching our annual boxing day nightmare in the north west, but i'm well tempted to go to Darlo with the mrs. Reckon there'll be many spare seats? ;)

There's certainly plenty of spare seats at both grounds  :'(

• 4 weeks later...

We've signed Phil Airey on-loan from you for a month, goes straight into the squad for tomorrow's home match with Lincoln City. Seen him a couple of times for Newcastle reserves, looked promising, so should hopefully cover well up front with the injuries we have to Shaw, Hatch & Fisher.

Gateshead have today signed Newcastle United striker Phil Airey on a one month loan.

The 20-year-old joined Hibernian on loan earlier in the season but had to return to his native Tyneside due to injury after just one appearance.

http://www.gateshead-fc.com/3818/gateshead-sign-airey-on-loan

A bit random, but do you do long term loans? I understand this one is to cover injuries, but off the top of my head you appear to have taken on quite a few Toon youngsters yet I think the longest has been for 3 months.

A bit random, but do you do long term loans? I understand this one is to cover injuries, but off the top of my head you appear to have taken on quite a few Toon youngsters yet I think the longest has been for 3 months.

They're "emergency loans", 1 month at a time with a maximum of 3 months allowed. I guess the flexibility is good for both clubs, especially with Airey being in his last 6 months of his deal? Maybe Newcastle wan't him to go out for 1 month, get some form, then go to a league club to see if he's worth a new deal? From our point of view, I think it's mainly down to cover for injuries. Whatever the reasons, if he scores goals whilst on loan it's win-win for both clubs.

What's the craic with the stadium Heed?

Wasn't it supposed to be ready for the start of 2012/2013 season?

It was, but now is planned for the start of the season after next (2013/14). Basically the design is with sustainability in mind, in that the main stand has a load of office space in it, and the long term rent from that office space will help partially fund the club each season.

http://www.gateshead-fc.com/content/Image/stadium/New_Stadium_2.jpg

http://www.gateshead-fc.com/new-stadium

The delay is because it took the club a while to get a good tenant in place for the office space who'd take it on a long contract (something like 20 years I'd guess), the tenant they had lined up was the NHS Primary Care Trust, then of course the recession and the Tory Government came in and they scrapped the PCTs, so it pretty much scuppered that and was back to square one looking for a long term tenant.

The latest news on it is that club have now found a new tenant and are in the process of getting organised with them. So in the next 2-3 months they should be in place to go forward with it, fingers crossed.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

If anyone fancies a game tomorrow night, we take on Luton Town at home (7:45pm). It's probably our last chance to get in the play-offs. They have Alan Neilson in charge after sacking Gary Brabin following the defeat to York on Friday night.

Gateshead v Luton - Tuesday 3rd April, 7:45pm at Gateshead Stadium

• 4 weeks later...

Hoping that a few of those lads will sign on with Blyth, to mount a promotion campaign from The Unibond for next season. Gate and Brittain would be great signings. :thup:

I guess there is going to be some big investment at Gateshead this summer if they have shed so many?