Gateshead FC

geordiedean

Sure you guys want to take Edmundsson back on loan too.

Can't see that happening, his attitude was the other end of the spectrum from Tav. I guess playing International football at a young age has possibly done that to him.

What do you reckon Gateshead could do? Play off challenge?

The Conference seems to get tougher every year. With Stockport and Lincoln joining the likes of Luton, Wrexham, York, Darlington etc, the type of money chucked about to try and get out is probably higher than League 2. Fleetwood (who're backed by some millionaire gas company owner) appear to be doing a Crawley Town and are chucking big money about on the best Conference Level players.

I still think it's realistic with 2 or 3 quality additions that we could push up towards the play-offs. York and Darlington fell just short last year and we were in and around them until our players went on early holiday after missing out on the FA Trophy final at Wembley. It'll be a big season for Ian Bogie, when we're firing, we play some of the best passing football in this league (e.g. beating Luton 1-0 at home and Wrexham 7-2 away), but it was when 2 or 3 key players were missing that we fell below par. Hopefully a stronger squad with less passengers will see us kick on.

What's the deal with jonny allen? Just signed for my local side not too long ago. What's to expect of him? Armstrongs gone to blyth, gutted, the mans a machine, but brayson went the other way.

Jonny Allen is trouble, would stay well clear.

Just read that David Moyes' son Ewan was in the Gateshead side yesterday.

I think he's his nephew, but not 100% sure about that.

What's the deal with jonny allen? Just signed for my local side not too long ago. What's to expect of him? Armstrongs gone to blyth, gutted, the mans a machine, but brayson went the other way.

Allan was permacrocked for us last season. Seemed to get injured in a light wind, so can't really judge how good he is.

Huddersfield won 1-0, but I thought we did ok. Should've equalised in the 1st half when Odubade had his shot saved from close in. Turned into a bit of a typical pre-season affair second half, but it's early days.

• 3 weeks later...

It would appear Newcastle are sending over a stronger than expected side tomorrow night. Should be a tough test, we held Sunderland reserves 0-0 on Saturday, but the Newcastle squad looks stronger.

NUFC: 1. Steve Harper, 2. Ryan Taylor, 3. James Tavernier, 4. Mehdi Abeid, 5. Mike Williamson, 6. Paul Dummett, 7. Michael Richardson, 8. Alan Smith, 9. Nile Ranger, 10. Haris Vuckic, 11. Sammy Ameobi

12. Fraser Forster (GK), 13, Jeff Henderson, 14. Ryan Donaldson, 15. Phil Airey, 16. Greg McDermott, 17. Yven Moyo, 18. Patrick Nzuzi

http://www.gateshead-fc.com/3505/newcastle-united-send-strong-squad-for-friendly

Looking forward to seeing Tav play again

Jonny Allen is trouble, would stay well clear.

:lol: bet that was entirely for my benefit.

Probable line up for tonight according to Ryder:

@lee_ryder Lee Ryder

#nufc (likely line-up) Harper, R Taylor, Tavernier, Abeid,Williamson, Dummett, Richardson, Smith, 9. Ranger, Vuckic, Sammy Ameobi

Not sure about the significance of the 9 there :laugh: