Gateshead FC

geordiedean

Edmundsson was rumoured to be not too happy at playing on the left wing instead of up front. He's one of those players that looks disinterested at times on the pitch, but then produces a great bit of skill, but then also goes back into his shell.

Even played out of position I would've expected him to rip conference defences to bits (if he was premier league quality). He has the skill, but imo needs to get the desire like Tavernier has (who's been outstanding) to make it. Good luck to the lad though, shame we didn't get to see what he could offer played up front.

Not sure how many we'll take through to Blyth, you can never tell with Gateshead fans. We took 415 to Darlington earlier in the season, and about 350-400 to Blyth last time we played them a couple of seasons back.

It has to be the biggest Tyne-Blyth derby there's ever been. One North-East team will be in a 2 legged semi-final for a place at Wembley, I just hope it's us!

Glad to hear that about Tav, like. I've been impressed every time I've seen him play, got the potential to be a decent player imo.

I've not seen so much of Edmundsson, but what you've said seems to be similar to the comments of another member on here (OCK I think), in that he wants to play up top more than out wide, and can go missing for large periods of games. Like you said, you'd have expected him to be able to make quite a large, and consistent, contribution in the conference.

That derby should be good against Blyth. How many will Gateshead be expecting to take through.

It's a shame it clashes with a Toon home game, or i might have fancied it. The vase tie between Dunston and Whitley falls on the day of a home game too. I wonder if it would be worth re-scheduling the non-league ties. 12 o'clock kick off or maybe a Sunday.

• 2 weeks later...

After knocking Blyth out 2-0 in the FA Trophy Quarter Final on Saturday, Gateshead have been drawn in a 2 legged semi-final against Darlington for a place at Wembley in the final.

Darlington v Gateshead - FA Trophy Semi Final 1st Leg - Sat 12th March, 3pm.

Gateshead v Darlington - FA Trophy Semi Final 2nd Leg - Sat 19th March, 3pm.

The first part of the Gateshead v Darlington trilogy takes place tomorrow night (Tuesday 8th March) at Gateshead Stadium, kick-off 7:45pm.

Both teams are in good form, last month Gateshead won 7 matches from 7 played and Darlington have now gone unbeaten in their last 8 games. Both have a realistic chance with games in hand to push on for the play-offs if they win this match.

With Wembley the prize on offer, we play the FA Trophy semi-final 1st leg at Darlington tomorrow (Sat 12th March), 3pm.

If anyone fancies popping down to lend us your support, it'd be greatly appreciated.

Gateshead fans are in the East Stand (behind the goal) of the Darlington Arena, Gateshead Supporters Club are running buses to the match, leaving Gateshead Civic Centre from 12:45pm - www.GatesheadFCSupportersClub.org.uk

The 2nd leg is at the Gateshead International Stadium a week on Saturday (19th March), kick-off 3pm.

Guest Geordiesned

I was going to go down but have ended up watching FA Cup match instead.

I'll probably go next weekend though for the return leg.