Gateshead FC

geordiedean

Only two matches, so maybe a little early to judge but:

He's played left wing in both matches. Doesn't look like a traditional winger to me (not much in the way of crossing), very comfortable on the ball, cuts inside a lot and looks to link up. Maybe slightly overdoes it at times, hanging onto the ball too long but looks dangerous and worries the opposition.

I'd be interested to see him upfront alongside Jon Shaw to see if he's got any pace when put in behind the defenders, but young Nathan Fisher has hit 2 goals in the last 2 games up there and deserves a starting place.

Only two matches, so maybe a little early to judge but:

He's played left wing in both matches. Doesn't look like a traditional winger to me (not much in the way of crossing), very comfortable on the ball, cuts inside a lot and looks to link up. Maybe slightly overdoes it at times, hanging onto the ball too long but looks dangerous and worries the opposition.

I'd be interested to see him upfront alongside Jon Shaw to see if he's got any pace when put in behind the defenders, but young Nathan Fisher has hit 2 goals in the last 2 games up there and deserves a starting place.

Sounds like you're doing a bit like what Cardiff are doing with Bellamy and playing him out wide to try and get something out of him creatively even if it's not his natural position. I've seem him play twice on Sky for the Faroes and both times he started lone striker, but swapped into second striker at some points and against Northern Ireland ended up as a LW by the end.

Maybe he just doesn't really know what his best position is yet himself.

Prince Consort Road Stadium I think I saw when the plans were first unveiled.

I think it's a working title, but seems to be getting mentioned more and more whenever they refer to the new ground. I'd imagine only a big sponsorship offer (which is unlikely) would stop it being called that now.

We're playing Barrow at home tonight in the league. After winning 6-0 on Saturday, hopefully we can get some league form back. Tavernier has looked a class act and Edmundsson got on the score sheet on Saturday.

Kick-off tonight is 7:45pm at Gateshead Stadium, if anyone wants to see the two loanees in action.

Spot on. What's the max loans you can have? Would love it if we sent a couple more your way.

I'm not really sure tbh. The rules surrounding loans seem bizarre to me especially with these emergency loans where you can loan anyone for a 28 day period outside the windows, with them turning a blind eye to it not really being an emergency. But a player can only be emergency loaned 2 or 3 times/months or something along those lines.

We were after a Boro player on-loan, but nothing has emerged there so far. We desperately need a goal scorer to fire us up the league, we have Jon Shaw who's your target man 10 to 15 goals a season type player, we just need to find the little man style goalscorer to play alongside him. However apart from loans, there's not a lot out there and you have rich teams such as Crawley, Luton & Fleetwood signing up every possible striker/good player just to stop their promotion rivals doing so. All three must have about 5 or 6 quality strikers on the books.

I don't envy Ian Bogie's task in the transfer market, but he needs to pull a rabbit out of a hat from somewhere if we're to avoid looking nervously over our shoulder again.

Phil Airey?

I'm not really sure tbh. The rules surrounding loans seem bizarre to me especially with these emergency loans where you can loan anyone for a 28 day period outside the windows, with them turning a blind eye to it not really being an emergency. But a player can only be emergency loaned 2 or 3 times/months or something along those lines.

We were after a Boro player on-loan, but nothing has emerged there so far. We desperately need a goal scorer to fire us up the league, we have Jon Shaw who's your target man 10 to 15 goals a season type player, we just need to find the little man style goalscorer to play alongside him. However apart from loans, there's not a lot out there and you have rich teams such as Crawley, Luton & Fleetwood signing up every possible striker/good player just to stop their promotion rivals doing so. All three must have about 5 or 6 quality strikers on the books.

I don't envy Ian Bogie's task in the transfer market, but he needs to pull a rabbit out of a hat from somewhere if we're to avoid looking nervously over our shoulder again.

Phil Airey?

That would be nice, but I can't see it happening.

Guest Thump 1892

Belter, 2-0.

Now Sunderland's lost Bent they (Gateshead) might become the North East's second best club...

There's competition?

Guest Chris P

Belter, 2-0.

Now Sunderland's lost Bent they (Gateshead) might become the North East's second best club...

There's competition?

Fair point.

:smug:

• 2 weeks later...

If you fancy some football this weekend and want to see how Tavernier and Edmundsson are getting on, Gateshead are at home to AFC Wimbledon on Friday night at The International Stadium.

Gateshead FC v AFC Wimbledon - Friday 28th January, Gateshead International Stadium, kick-off 7:45pm.

If you can't make it, the match is being broadcast live on Premier Sports TV (Channel 433 on Sky), or commentary is available online from BBC Radio Newcastle.

• 2 weeks later...

According to today's Chronicle, Tavernier has had his loan extended until 9th of April but Joan Simun Edmundsson's loan has expired and he's returned to Newcastle.

Oh, and we've been drawn away at some team called Blyth Spartans in the FA Trophy Quarter Final. Should be fun :cheesy: