Gateshead FC

geordiedean

The three loan signings (Including left-back Michael Liddle on-loan from Sunderland) did well on Saturday. Both full-backs were good, Tavernier looked strong, composed on the ball and good at going forward.

Edmundsson looks like he has a load of skill, and caused Kidderminster a lot of problems. He was played on the left wing (not sure if he's better suited to up front?) and did well, setting up a few opportunities.

Maybe he'll be played up front next Saturday when we play at home to either delightful Hayes & Yeading in the league or Hampton & Richmond in the FA Trophy (if we get through Tuesday's trophy replay).

The highlights of Saturday's match are on Gateshead's website.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Edmundsson looks like he has a load of skill, and caused Kidderminster a lot of problems. He was played on the left wing (not sure if he's better suited to up front?) and did well, setting up a few opportunities.

Its where he's played most of his career, Newcastle seem keen to mould him into a LM though. Very tidy on the ball, though seems a bit prone to hold on it a bit too long. Not sure if that's due to people not supporting him though, in the games I've seen.

Its where he's played most of his career, Newcastle seem keen to mould him into a LM though. Very tidy on the ball, though seems a bit prone to hold on it a bit too long. Not sure if that's due to people not supporting him though, in the games I've seen.

He did hold onto it a few times too long, and doesn't seem like an old fashioned winger who'll stick to the touch line and deliver a cross. That's why I wonder if he'd be more suited to playing up front, a bit like Peter Winn (sorry for mentioning his name) was for us last season. Played left wing, but had been converted there from being a striker and didn't deliver much ammo.

Another of our ex-Newcastle youngsters James Marwood had his best game in a Heed shirt on Saturday. Came off the bench and put the cross in for the equaliser. He has bags of potential, very quick and scares defenders but unfortunately (until Saturday) had zero end product. Hopefully he can carry on from there.

• 2 weeks later...

Prince Consort Road Stadium I think I saw when the plans were first unveiled.

I think it's a working title, but seems to be getting mentioned more and more whenever they refer to the new ground. I'd imagine only a big sponsorship offer (which is unlikely) would stop it being called that now.

We're playing Barrow at home tonight in the league. After winning 6-0 on Saturday, hopefully we can get some league form back. Tavernier has looked a class act and Edmundsson got on the score sheet on Saturday.

Kick-off tonight is 7:45pm at Gateshead Stadium, if anyone wants to see the two loanees in action.

I think it's a working title, but seems to be getting mentioned more and more whenever they refer to the new ground. I'd imagine only a big sponsorship offer (which is unlikely) would stop it being called that now.

We're playing Barrow at home tonight in the league. After winning 6-0 on Saturday, hopefully we can get some league form back. Tavernier has looked a class act and Edmundsson got on the score sheet on Saturday.

Kick-off tonight is 7:45pm at Gateshead Stadium, if anyone wants to see the two loanees in action.

Spot on. What's the max loans you can have? Would love it if we sent a couple more your way.

Spot on. What's the max loans you can have? Would love it if we sent a couple more your way.

I'm not really sure tbh. The rules surrounding loans seem bizarre to me especially with these emergency loans where you can loan anyone for a 28 day period outside the windows, with them turning a blind eye to it not really being an emergency. But a player can only be emergency loaned 2 or 3 times/months or something along those lines.

We were after a Boro player on-loan, but nothing has emerged there so far. We desperately need a goal scorer to fire us up the league, we have Jon Shaw who's your target man 10 to 15 goals a season type player, we just need to find the little man style goalscorer to play alongside him. However apart from loans, there's not a lot out there and you have rich teams such as Crawley, Luton & Fleetwood signing up every possible striker/good player just to stop their promotion rivals doing so. All three must have about 5 or 6 quality strikers on the books.

I don't envy Ian Bogie's task in the transfer market, but he needs to pull a rabbit out of a hat from somewhere if we're to avoid looking nervously over our shoulder again.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Good to hear Edmundsson scored, was he playing up front? How was his play in general? I rate him, think he could do very well if he gets the right break.

We desperately need a goal scorer to fire us up the league, we have Jon Shaw who's your target man 10 to 15 goals a season type player, we just need to find the little man style goalscorer to play alongside him.

Sound familiar to anyone on here?

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Football League, but I wouldn't be against him having a few games for us. Hard working, tries to be tidy with his play.