Gateshead FC

geordiedean

The official website says they don't have a Assistant Manager, i was under the impression that Adam Sadler had got the job ?

Wiki says -  Sadler left to join Plymouth Argyle.

Hartlepool United's Director of Youth Development for the past five years, Terry Mitchell, has been appointed as Gateshead's new assistant manager and first team coach.

Mitchell, 49 on Saturday week, replaces Adam Sadler who was appointed during the summer but left after just one training session to take up a coaching post at Plymouth Argyle.

Guest Heneage

Marwood to join Plymouth?

Why ?

Been a long running joke I've had with The Spence. Wherever Saddler goes, Marwood follows.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Antigalican

How much were they? Wouldn't fancy paying anything over £200, though I'm a cheapskate.

£265 for adults (16 and over)

I only go to the odd game to be fair. I think their highest crowd was around 800. Whitley Bay get around 450 and their away following is 200. I know the furthest they have to travel is in the North East though :)

Strictly speaking the furthest a Northern league team has to travel is Penrith (div 1) or Whitehaven (div 2).

A season ticket at Whitley Bay is £85, or £100 for a parent and child. The best value of all ironically is just down the road from Gateshead at Dunston, where I believe a season-ticket is £50!! And Dunston are a top side at that level. With our kick-offs rarely at Saturday 3pm I often take in a NL game, and they are great value for money. decent standard, and some decent crowds, Whitley Bay especially as has been mentioned.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

How much were they? Wouldn't fancy paying anything over £200, though I'm a cheapskate.

£265 for adults (16 and over)

I only go to the odd game to be fair. I think their highest crowd was around 800. Whitley Bay get around 450 and their away following is 200. I know the furthest they have to travel is in the North East though :)

Strictly speaking the furthest a Northern league team has to travel is Penrith (div 1) or Whitehaven (div 2).

A season ticket at Whitley Bay is £85, or £100 for a parent and child. The best value of all ironically is just down the road from Gateshead at Dunston, where I believe a season-ticket is £50!! And Dunston are a top side at that level. With our kick-offs rarely at Saturday 3pm I often take in a NL game, and they are great value for money. decent standard, and some decent crowds, Whitley Bay especially as has been mentioned.

Think I could be interested in taking in some Whitley Bay/Gateshead games if they're at home and the Toon are away (and I'm not going) - how much are match day tickets?

Guest Antigalican

If memory serves last season it was a fiver at Whitley Bay, a tenner at Gateshead and £4.50 at Dunston. I might be wrong by the odd quid as I tend to get around different grounds, so apologies if I've got it wrong. But those are ball park figures.

I'm a resident of Fawdon and really miss Blue Star!

Whitley Bay is a decent day out and they play fantastic attacking football. Bedlington and Ashington will have decent teams this season, and for those south of the river ditto South Shields and Dunston.

can someone who has seen him play often enough give comment on "speedy" .. signed for spennymoor town over the summer... has looked decent from what ive seen this pre season. but obviously early days.. got his first for the club in a 4 nil win over east stirling last week, seemed to play decent against gateshead this past weekend too

can someone who has seen him play often enough give comment on "speedy" .. signed for spennymoor town over the summer... has looked decent from what ive seen this pre season. but obviously early days.. got his first for the club in a 4 nil win over east stirling last week, seemed to play decent against gateshead this past weekend too

Good player, unfortunately with him being small he just couldn't cope with the physical nature of the Conference. Should score a lot of goals in the Northern League, him and Cogden did well together at Durham in the Unibond League 1st Division.

Guest Antigalican

Richardson and Cogden will be a handful for sure, but they're BOTH small. That said Spenny have loads of other options!

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Seems to really be raiding our reserves for talent. Marwood and Morris have looked impressive.

Not really raiding when these guys have been released. They're young guys, probably thankful they can stay in the local area still and still be playing professional football. Happens with other smaller clubs neighbouring bigger teams.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

With no Newcastle match this weekend, if anyone fancies a football fix:

Gateshead FC v Tamworth FC

Blue Square Bet Conference Premier League

Gateshead International Stadium

Saturday 9th October, kick-off 3pm

Any more news on the new stadium? Watching football at the International Stadium is hard work.

Any more news on the new stadium? Watching football at the International Stadium is hard work.

Not much new news. Now the club isn't looking to move in until the start of the season after next, they're in no rush to submit a planning application. 1 to 2 months was mentioned at a recent talk in with the Chairman.