Gateshead FC

geordiedean

s*** myself when I saw Histon score a late winner. Wasnt sure how it was goiing to affect the standings.

Histon drew I think.  It was Grays late winner against Forest Green (4 mins before time) that did the business.

Some AFC fans in town later on giving it the big i am...cunts.

I used to work with a few AFC  wimbledon fans biggest wankers in football non league bully boys

:clap:

I've had loads of experience with them through my local side Hampton & Richmond, we've had plenty of run-ins with them over the last six years. Bunch of wankers who think they are a big club because they have fans who supported a big club once. BUt then I'm sure I've had this debate on here before.

I laughed my tits off when they dropped out of the play-offs. I love gateshead as well as the chairman/owner was the chairman of Hampton for a couple of years and sold all his shares in the club to the supporters trust for £1. Lovely bloke is Graham Wood.

Congratulations on staying up.  :clap2:

Hopefully with turning pro this summer and their new stadium coming the year after they can push on and get back in the Football League soon.

Thought they took the decision to go full time following promotion last year,didn't realise they were still part time if so they've done well.

• 2 months later...

http://www.gateshead-fc.com/2820/middlesbrough-xi-3-2-gateshead

Good to see Brittain back in action...and Gateshead pushing a Boro side with Boyd, McDonald, Arca, Wheater, Robson & Lita close!

Good result for them, they had a lad on trial from Bermuda playing - quite the culture shock for him coming over to Gateshead from there :lol:

Will be interesting to see how the Heed get on next season.

Should be an interesting season, hopefully a comfortable midtable finish this year and then build further on it.

It's a hard league to judge, with some teams like Luton signing up a lot of good players and the emergence of Crawley paying transfer fees of £100,000+ for players. Then you have the other end of the spectrum, teams like Histon and Hayes who's squads will be made up fully of young academy players released/on-loan from Football League clubs.

Should be an interesting season, hopefully a comfortable midtable finish this year and then build further on it.

It's a hard league to judge, with some teams like Luton signing up a lot of good players and the emergence of Crawley paying transfer fees of £100,000+ for players. Then you have the other end of the spectrum, teams like Histon and Hayes who's squads will be made up fully of young academy players released/on-loan from Football League clubs.

Crawley look really dodgy. Sergio Torres who played against us last season in the Championship, for a 6 figure sum. No way that can end well financially.

Guest Antigalican

The game was 75 minutes old, so its mission accomplished in terms of the teams getting a run out and a bit of match pratice, so the decision to abandon the game was entirely understandable and correct in the circumstances.

Change thread title now please?

Howay Heed, i really hope its going to get better for them.

Season tickets are a bit of a rip off mind. Might be cheaper if they move to their own stadium though?  :undecided:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

How much were they? Wouldn't fancy paying anything over £200, though I'm a cheapskate.

Season tickets are a bit of a rip off mind. Might be cheaper if they move to their own stadium though?  :undecided:

Unfortunately it's the nature of the beast. The Conference set a minimum admission price and Gateshead are one of the cheapest in the league, last season some of the ex-league clubs such as Cambridge were charging £18 to get in.

With the likes of Luton, Grimsby, Darlington, Cambridge, Wrexham, York, Mansfield, Rushden, Kidderminster and Oxford last season all having been league clubs until recently it's seen the standard of the Conference massively leap up (and prices), effectively making it League 3. It's a completely different World to the last time Gateshead were a Conference side (mid-90s), then the big teams were the likes of Kidderminster, Woking etc who averaged just over a thousand, now you have the likes of Luton & Oxford last season averaging 7 and 6 thousand fans.

Gateshead just need to keep on building for the next couple of years to become competitive at the top end of the league, but that will depend a lot on the Tyneside media / local populace starting to take them seriously as a professional football club.

How much were they? Wouldn't fancy paying anything over £200, though I'm a cheapskate.

£265 for adults (16 and over)

I only go to the odd game to be fair. I think their highest crowd was around 800. Whitley Bay get around 450 and their away following is 200. I know the furthest they have to travel is in the North East though :)

£265 for adults (16 and over)

I only go to the odd game to be fair. I think their highest crowd was around 800. Whitley Bay get around 450 and their away following is 200. I know the furthest they have to travel is in the North East though :)

Highest crowd was 1,304 on the last day of the season against Wimbledon. Under 16s get in free when accompanied by an adult.

Building work due to start October and finish July next year I believe.

Good good. The sooner the better IMO. The plans look really good and the grandstand looks like a great idea :)

The official website says they don't have a Assistant Manager, i was under the impression that Adam Sadler had got the job ?

He left last weekend to join the coaching staff at Plymouth. Terry Mitchell has been appointed Assistant Manager today, leaving Hartlepool.

The official website says they don't have a Assistant Manager, i was under the impression that Adam Sadler had got the job ?

Wiki says -  Sadler left to join Plymouth Argyle.