Isaac Hayden: on loan at QPR

maybe he's too nice about it. Not sure of the exact reasons for him wanting to leave but he's been nothing but professional while its been going on so its not like the club or manager would be in that much of a hurry to sell him since he's causing no problems and hasn't been really pushing for a move.

Or maybe whatever reason he had for wanting to go has been sorted in the interim :dontknow:

Guest chopey

I like Hayden and if he is paired with Longstaff with Shelvey quarterback we will have a potentially good midfield however he is ore than capable of playing shit and also Bruce.

First bit of actual good news since the season ended. His attitude given his off-field problems has been impeccable and we look way better when he’s on his game.

It's not such good news if we are keeping him so that we can flog Longstaff for £30m.

Guest Gonzo

I wonder if we’ll play a 4-3-3 with Shelvey Longstaff Hayden in the middle? It’s not a bad engine room considering all they have to do is get the ball quickly to Almiron or Joelinton. Gayle up front with them wouldn’t be awful..

Gayle upfront would be awful

Not sure Schar would be great in a four at the back

Surely there's a Champo team we can offload him to.  I know we've only got three strikers, but I'd rather we took a gamble on a young prospect than have Gayle, who we know can't cut it in the PL wasting a squad number.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm... something is fishy about this timing (ie, soon after Rafa departs).

Agreed. Three years of having to hide in his car so Rafa wouldn't talk to him had probably taken its toll. Probably feels a lot more at home now he can actually go in the house.

Nah, if he stays it is more than likely because the home situation has improved (which it fingers crossed naturally should have with age and acclimatization) or the fact he is just resigned to not getting the move he wants lol. He never wanted to leave because he didn't like it here.

Still sounds like he has far from ruled out a move (this mornings rags) despite what Cabbage says.

Nah, if he stays it is more than likely because the home situation has improved (which it fingers crossed naturally should have with age and acclimatization) or the fact he is just resigned to not getting the move he wants lol. He never wanted to leave because he didn't like it here.

Still sounds like he has far from ruled out a move (this mornings rags) despite what Cabbage says.

Aye, first year with a sick kid was always going to be rough.  Maybe the baby is getting through the health issues a bit now and they've started to adapt to the new life a bit more.

Whether he stays or goes I wish the guy all the best, he's been a model professional.

He only played under one previous manager! That last line - wtf?!

“Under previous managers we have been a lot more defensive and solid but still ended up losing games.

"We lost tight games when being defensive.

"But against Arsenal we took the game to them and took a few more gambles.

"It paid off to an extent.”