Danny Rose (now a free agent)

2 million loan fee according to Ryder.. Im surprised Ashley has agreed to that for a 4 month loan

Unless he is not going to he here. Yeah it's odd.

Cheaper than an actual signing, it's how we  roll now.

Best club in the world for this bloke to come to considering he has depression problems and has said he can't wait to stop playing football. Nothing will go wrong at all here.

I actually really like Rose and he's a very talented footballer but for his own sake this is a bad move.

Glen Johnson has 54 and it was his weakness too like.

It's Robertson's weakness too. Just saying.

And TAA, and most modern full-backs tbh. To suggest any of them "can't defend" is silly though.

Glen Johnson has 54 and it was his weakness too like.

It's Robertson's weakness too. Just saying.

And TAA, and most modern full-backs tbh. To suggest any of them "can't defend" is silly though.

Exactly. Always liked the look of Rose, particularly for England.

I've got a lot of time for Broadway. When he was a kid and a left-winger I just couldn't see him making it at all - just didn't seem to be a natural footballer. Good athlete, but poor-decision-making, run-of-the-mill touch, no feel for the game. Going to Sunderland was the making of him (said no-one ever), although the foundations were laid when he first moved to LB. Something just seemed to click, and although he's an interesting character it was difficult to tell whether the catalyst came from inside or outside. It was like he suddenly realized how to play football.

As for now - I don't know. I've watched fewer Spurs games then ever this last couple of years, so I'm not the best witness. I know that his heart's not really in it, but that was always the case to an extent, so I'm not sure whether that's enough on its own to dismiss him. He's certainly been less effective when I've seen him, but I wonder if a change of scenery will make a difference. He's never going to be an elegant LB, but could be good enough to completely shut down a flank if he's on his game. It's worth a punt to see if he still has a few years in him.

That's a good signing but that's now 3 loans, didn't the fat oaf do this at Sunderland and they got weaker year on year as effectively buying to stay still. I know we have deals in place to buy but is that then our fund gone.

If Ashley stays in charge then it might catch up with him. If there's a takeover then loan moves are actually better.

IF.