Norwich City 3-1 Newcastle United - 17/08/19

Disco

Lots of players exposed for just how shit they are today.

I'm not even upset. Its actually funny.

#The Boycotts are pointless!

Most of them aren't shit though.  A decent manager will show that.

Steve Bruce showed with his 'what the fuck is happening' outburst that he  is absolutely clueless.

I said a while back that it won't take long for people to start claiming the players are shit, especially our defence.

I Dunno, we kind of have to say most aren't shit as an excuse.

Ritchie's done though, there comes a time Rafa or not where you have to accept how you cant keep making excuses for some of them.

If we had lost today 3-1 with Rafa, I'd still be of the thinking I'd sooner or later want to see the back of Ritchie, Dummett, and 1 or 2 others, but it's the nature of the beast. Year in year out we dont improve the squad in the right areas.

We effectively just played a championship team though, who had a bunch of injuries. Their players aren't better than what we have.

Also no one has performed well for us. Not a single player. This is clearly down to the preparation of the team.

Their manager is light years ahead of ours.

Thats the scariest thing though. We got schooled by a championship team with a load of injuries. What are the likes of Man City and Liverpool gonna do to us? i really don't see us getting more than 20 points this season and thats being generous.

Steve Bruce really is THAT bad.

I cant be happy over today ,I will never get like that but jesus that was horrific,  cant even begin with the formation.

Are these 3 just making it up?

Watford at home will be interesting.

Watford will destroy us.

They've had a bad start too, but we saw what the same manager and players did there last season already.

After today self belief is completely gone from the team.

Talksport, yes I know it’s wank but some NUFC ‘fan’ with the accent of a farmer saying ‘no crisis, worse teams than us. It’s embarrassing. Still gonna listen though in the vain hope a psycho fan tells it as it is.

Really? Wow. No way.

Norwich have just come up, coming off a tough first game at Liverpool, with a bunch of injuries and have schooled us convincingly.

It does not and will not get better from here.

Bruce just interviewed on Final Score, apparently the "turning point" was the Joelinton miss, he said like we we're playing well before that :lol:

Incredible. So not only is he not accepting blame, he's pinning it on the new young lad. Will do wonders for his confidence and development. :lol:

Fan on talksport using the “went to China for money” line. Wanker.

Talksport hand pick these cunts to go on and say shite like that.

Yep. Likely many of the aren’t even fans of the club. Just WUM plants.

I noticed from very early on that Dubs was rarely passing the ball out from goal, he was just hoofing it.  We used to play the ball out of defence well, like top teams do but that type of thing seems to have been binned

Guest reefatoon

Bruce just interviewed on Final Score, apparently the "turning point" was the Joelinton miss, he said like we we're playing well before that :lol:

I would say the turning point was letting them waltz through and score. Then doing fuck all to counter it.

I noticed from very early on that Dubs was rarely passing the ball out from goal, he was just hoofing it.  We used to play the ball out of defence well, like top teams do but that type of thing seems to have been binned

I for one am shocked. SHOCKED!

After the "error" last week passing out of the back, of course Bruce would resort to that.

It's typical of a manager that has no system or way of playing they believe in.

Arsenal earlier today struggled a fair bit playing out from the back, but they never stopped doing it because that is what their manager believes in, and they'll be better for it.

What is the response on Twitter and other platforms out of interest?

Hilarious.

A few people still spouting Rafa and his worst start last season as if it’s in the same ballpark.

Well they're in for a rude awakening.

Today was indefensible. You just cannot excuse that at all.

The players will know it too. It's going to get really bad.

The way they are playing in this formation is not working at all. Joelinton is isolated. Almiron is aimlessly sprinting around at full speed most of the match. What is his position meant to be? Those two are also essentially the only two attackers; the three midfielders seemingly are just taking turns running forward ineffectively. The lack of defensive pressure and workrate is also bizarre in a side starting three principally defensive midfielders and five defenders. From his former work, I have always thought of Bruce as vaguely competent, tbh, so the complete lack of organisation is very surprising to me, it seems like he wants to shoehorn the players into three at the back because it worked last season. It is not working now.