Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

Agree with you. Still yet to see what Shelvey etc provide tbh. Him and Ritchie getting new contracts was completely baffling.

ASM lost his head today but he's the least of our problems.

If ASM loses his head it's an absolutely massive problem because he's still the most crucial player in the squad, when it comes to us being able to win matches.

Seems to have lost all the sparkle that he had when he came. Not just his football but his demeanour.  He just looks disinterested, or he could be carrying an injury

:lol: And you're basing this off 25 mins?

:lol:

Guest reefatoon

He didn’t fancy chasing Traore back all game and was glad he got that knock. Bit of a bottle job today.

wat

He didn’t fancy chasing Traore back all game (the game started with him chasing him down the wing constantly and leading up to that early penalty), and he didn’t fancy that at all, so when he got the knock he had a ready made reason for getting out of it. Bit of a bottle job. He just didn’t fancy that at all today. If it had been us 2-0 up after 8 minutes and he got that knock, I am sure he would have wanted to play on more. End of the day I don’t blame him for wanting out of it, playing in that shit system must be demoralising.

He didn’t fancy chasing Traore back all game and was glad he got that knock. Bit of a bottle job today.

wat

He didn’t fancy chasing Traore back all game (the game started with him chasing him down the wing constantly and leading up to that early penalty), and he didn’t fancy that at all, so when he got the knock he had a ready made reason for getting out of it. Bit of a bottle job. He just didn’t fancy that at all today. If it had been us 2-0 up after 8 minutes and he got that knock, I am sure he would have wanted to play on more. End of the day I don’t blame him for wanting out of it, playing in that shit system must be demoralising.

Brighton don't have a player called Traore

I don't understand the bottle job stuff. He played plenty of games last year where he had to track back. Maybe he was genuinely injured?

Guest reefatoon

wat

He didn’t fancy chasing Traore back all game (the game started with him chasing him down the wing constantly and leading up to that early penalty), and he didn’t fancy that at all, so when he got the knock he had a ready made reason for getting out of it. Bit of a bottle job. He just didn’t fancy that at all today. If it had been us 2-0 up after 8 minutes and he got that knock, I am sure he would have wanted to play on more. End of the day I don’t blame him for wanting out of it, playing in that s*** system must be demoralising.

Brighton don't have a player called Traore

I don't understand the bottle job stuff. He played plenty of games last year where he had to track back. Maybe he was genuinely injured?

Christ you are right, just shows how little attention I pay when a match is on. Driven to early dementia thanks to Bruce.

Guest reefatoon

For whatever reason he wasn’t at the races today, his whole demeanour shouted he didn’t fancy it. If he was carrying a knock into the game Bruce shouldn’t have picked him.

Aye. He’s our most attacking player and biggest threat going forward, yet he was asked to chase a whippet all game. No wonder he didn’t fancy it.

Guest reefatoon

That’s right, he does his fare share. He could just see what kind of afternoon he was going to have and I felt he didn’t fancy it. Nothing in his performance showed any different really. Was just 1 of 11 players that had a stinker though, just some of the others didn’t strike it lucky and manage to go off injured.

Lamptey was all over him, he gave away a stupid penalty, rolled his ankle, didn’t get passed his man once, you could the see the look on his face when Lamptey kept breaking into space behind him and had to change wings to protect him.

These things happen, he pied the game off. I actually hope he is carrying a knock as it gives him and Bruce an out.

Guest neesy111

An absolutely brainless challenge for the penalty. He was embarrassed at being beaten and his ego prompted him to somehow get his own back. It was the mentality of a yobbo park footballer.

:lol:

Guest Cheesy Beans

Love that he’s been the model professional since joining the club and played throughout some torrid performances, yet all of a sudden he’s decided he ‘doesn’t fancy it’ today.

Despite the fact he was clearly injured, live on screen in front of everyone. He’s already been made to play through injuries under Bruce and made them worse, why do it again?

An absolutely brainless challenge for the penalty. He was embarrassed at being beaten and his ego prompted him to somehow get his own back. It was the mentality of a yobbo park footballer.

Bit stoned watching the NFL, just saw this and proper buckled. LOL