Michael Owen (now retired)

Keefaz

One a scale of 1-5, how excited are you for Michael Owen on TV every week?  

648 members have voted

1. 1. One a scale of 1-5, how excited are you for Michael Owen on TV every week?

• I envy the deaf.

Guest firetotheworks

It's hard to put into words just how reprehensibly loathsome that oblivious, worthless little flannel of a man is, like.

In our relegation season he was awful and missed a sitter against Everton late in the season, late in the game which would have been enough to keep us up. Having said that he was very good the season before and was the main reason we didn’t go down then.

I regard him as our worst ever signing.

Easily.  Absolutely disgusting man.

We've got a habit of signing players who'd rather be anywhere but here...him, Thauvin, Luque, Marcelino and countless others I'm sure. So stupid as a club for so long. As if Rafa would throw money at someone to force them to come here  :lol:

Wonder how long it’ll be untill the money grabbing little scrote is eating anus on ITV with Ant & Dec.

Not sure Paul Ferris is famous enough for that tbh.

Judging by the quality of 'celebrity' that goes on that programme, I think he probably is.

• 1 year later...

Was also our captain at this time. Our only regret of any signing we made. Self-serving and with a paper heart. Michael Owen, born in Wales, welsh parents, welsh name, played for er england. Soulless man lacking any trait that would make him a man. 79 appearances over 4 years, and most of these just to get fit to play for Wales sorry england. Small time striker, only thing he had was he was fast early in his career.

I seem to remember Shearer being linked to Liverpool in Sir Bobby's last season... its not as much of a secret as Little Mikey is making out, and clearly hoping it'll turn NUFC fans against Shearer.

In fact, its as much of a secret as the fact that lil' mikey never wanted to join us.

Surprised he hasn't mentioned or confirmed whether or not he was actually in tears when he signed for us, after his beloved Liverpool didn't come in and rescue him.