The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Impressive :lol:

Not sure what you're getting at. Just stating that as of now, we're still in every major competition we were in at the start of the season and we're sitting where we were expected to be in the league, maybe even higher. A lot of pundits predicted 6th place.

Love how low expectations you've got :lol: Being behind Chelsea, with a completely inexperienced manager that sold their star player whilst having a transfer ban is good now, and even above expectations after what you spent in the summer? Great :thup:

Not sure what you're getting at. Just stating that as of now, we're still in every major competition we were in at the start of the season and we're sitting where we were expected to be in the league, maybe even higher. A lot of pundits predicted 6th place.

Love how low expectations you've got :lol: Being behind Chelsea, with a completely inexperienced manager that sold their star player whilst having a transfer ban is good now, and even above expectations after what you spent in the summer? Great :thup:

Tbf you can't judge fairly until the end of the season.

how/what system does this guy play then?

He follows Cruyff (and Bielsa to a point), so either a 4-3-3 or 3-4-3 - he played a 3-4-3 mostly when at Betis - but if they need to seriously press then its a 3-4-1-2 - with this Barca team being a bit slow, I'd be surprised if the doesn't go with a 3-4-3 - ala us with Rafa - with the 2 either side of the forward tucked in - this should benefit both Messi and Griezmann - shame they don't have Countinho right now, could have benefitted a lot

Its possession based football with a cutting edge - not passing for the sake of passing  - with better players, he should be able to implement this quite well

And he is the biggest fan of Messi on the planet  :lol:

Chelsea started really well and Abraham is having a breakout year. Can't hold that against them. Our star player has been injured all year, and a 20+ a year striker was sold. According to everyone on here we have a shite, inexperienced manager also. We've also played Chelsea 3 times in 3 different competitions and won all 3, scoring 8 and conceding once? We'll catch Chelsea.

What about Spurs? Based on the opinion on here, far better coach than us, similar net spend to us in the Summer? Arsenal?

I don't have low expectations, I have realistic ones. Expected to be in a fight for 4th which is what is happening. I'm also optimistic mind. We have the youngest squad in the league and we'll be adding real quality to it in the Summer and hopefully in January.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Second in the league and they've just knocked Braga out of Europa?

Weird.

Way behind Celtic in the league and got knocked out of the cup by Hearts.

The pressure on him to win the League next season will be huge as it will be Celtic’s 10th title in a row. Ranger just don’t have the players or budget to compete with them.

Weird.

Way behind Celtic in the league and got knocked out of the cup by Hearts.

The pressure on him to win the League next season will be huge as it will be Celtic’s 10th title in a row. Ranger just don’t have the players or budget to compete with them.

I'm not sure that's completely true, Steven Davis, Defoe, Morelos, Hagi will be on as much or more than any Celtic players I'd imagine

Weird.

Hero complex lost a game and isn't happy is the best I can do from that article.