Jacob Murphy

Guest palnese

WBA were 2-1 up with about fifteen minutes left when they put Murphy on.

Lost 3-2.

Scored tonight, do you want some hankies?

Happy for the lad. There's a good player in there and a loan move to an easier level it's just what he needed. Just summed up his season at that point to come on in a winning position and end up on the losing side.

Keeper probably should have saved his shot mind...

• 5 months later...

Doubt he’ll ever make it as a PL player. No doubt he has talent and when he’s flying he is pretty damn good - his brother is just more intentional and direct with his decisions.

• 1 year later...

i worded it carefully mind, given he's been trash with us to date

bruce is a feelgood manager, arm round the shoulder type, get them positive and send them out - could see murphy responding to that myself

Yea, I agree with this as well.

I know what you mean, but it would have to be one hell of a turnaround. Decent Championship player, but he's not got the flair to be a PL winger. All I can remember him doing is running straight forward nearly every time with little to no imagination and often very poor end product.

I know what you mean, but it would have to be one hell of a turnaround. Decent Championship player, but he's not got the flair to be a PL winger. All I can remember him doing is running straight forward nearly every time with little to no imagination and often very poor end product.

Scored a canny goal at City and an assist away to Everton, that's about it I think.

For some reason I feel like he's the type of player Bruce would improve vs. what he's done with us so far, which isn't much obvs

Fair shout tbh, I always thought he had the tools to be a player, just seemed to lack confidence. That said, I suspect he'd have a decent game or two then pretty much go into his shell again if his form dipped.

He had a pretty good January season he signed, starting with setting up the winner at Stoke, scoring against City, giving Joselu that sitter against Burnley which he duly missed. Was our biggest threat on the wing. Then in comes Kenedy and Jacob never gets a game again.