Yoshinori Mutō (now playing for Vissel Kobe)

Rich

No idea why he's getting such a massively negative reaction like. Few years ago a player like him would be welcomed, Schar too. Now it's people ridiculing them before they've even kicked a ball.

?

Ridiculing the method, not the player. We go for poor quality players, there's no getting away from that. If they end up being decent it's through luck not design.

Poor seems like a tad exaggerated, they're both internationals. If that's poor what adjective best fits the like of Joselu?

Ridiculing the method, not the player. We go for poor quality players, there's no getting away from that. If they end up being decent it's through luck not design.

Poor seems like a tad exaggerated, they're both internationals. If that's poor what adjective best fits the like of Joselu?

godfuckingawful

Guest firetotheworks

Poor - as in he's a player we went for. :lol:

No idea why he's getting such a massively negative reaction like. Few years ago a player like him would be welcomed, Schar too. Now it's people ridiculing them before they've even kicked a ball.

Eventually when you are fed enough bullshit you stop you stop caring and no matter what no signing will be recieved positively.

I'm personally there, I couldn't care less who is signed.

To be fair there's only a couple of people foaming at the mouth about it and they're doing that about anything in every thread. Everyone else is digging at the methods which are undeniably pretty grim.

Seems to be gathering pace, this one.

Kyodo news is reliable. Always wanted us to sign a Japanese player (lived there for 10 years and have a Japanese wife) although know very little about Muto.

Studied japanese and lived there as well...so i pretty much feels the same. Muto seems cool...but not sure how he can improve us? Like his style of play and do not want to see joselu or a tank forward like rondon.

Before we get too excited. Joselu has a better goal record in German football than this guy...

No he doesn't, unless you mean he just played more games in Germany..  Both records of goals per minute are quite similar, but Muto's is a bit better.

Anyway Joselu's record in Germany was pretty good, and the league is hardly poor.  Which makes you wonder what happened to him since 2014 ???

Kaka been on to tell us we’ll be surprised just how good this lad will be?

Looking forward to how silly so many of you are going to look tbh.

Where did Burnley finish in the league last year again?

While The likes of Stoke, Southampton and Everton where buying and buying all the fancy 'names'.

We will see.

It sounds like he would (also) work as cover for Perez at #10. Osako played well as Japan's main striker at the World Cup, so there's no shame in him getting a limited look in there.

After Gayle and Joselu, the first thing I would be looking at is the ability to put his foot through the ball. Neither of them shoots with any conviction.

Selfish reasons here, but only two PL games a week are shown live on Japanese tv now, it used to be five, so its good for toon fans in Japan. Leicester get chosen a fair bit because of Okazaki.

https://english.kyodonews.net/news/2018/07/f98bb50a6374-soccer-muto-on-verge-of-sealing-newcastle-deal-source.html

As he looks ahead to a potential move to England before the close of the transfer window, Muto said, "My goal is to net 10 goals, a number I haven't reached during a season (overseas)."

He's the striker Newcastle DESERVES, but not the one it NEEDS right now. 

Provided we actually bring in another striker capable of 15-20 goals I am happy with Muto. Has pace and works hard. Will be a like replacement for Gayle.

It sounds like he would (also) work as cover for Perez at #10. Osako played well as Japan's main striker at the World Cup, so there's no shame in him getting a limited look in there.

After Gayle and Joselu, the first thing I would be looking at is the ability to put his foot through the ball. Neither of them shoots with any conviction.

Selfish reasons here, but only two PL games a week are shown live on Japanese tv now, it used to be five, so its good for toon fans in Japan. Leicester get chosen a fair bit because of Okazaki.

The big problem with that of course, is that it is Perez who should be cover as #10 for someone who is actually good enough to perform consistently in the Premier league. Nothing against Mutu, but as a signing, it has all the hallmarks of settling for someone who isn't really Rafa's first choice for the position. Needless to say, I hope I'm wrong.

15 to 20 goal strikers cost over 20m

No chance we ever get one of them let's be content with a fella that's never scored 10 FFS

A bit more than 20m. 7 players hit over 15 goals from 5 different teams....Vardy and Lukaku from outside the top 4.

10 goals would be a good return for a first season, hopefully Rafa can get him in a system that enables that.

I think that would be good business by Rafa considering how much he's restricted.

Everyone knows that football is much more complicated that analysis of man versus man. I think Rafa has done well to maintain the quality of the squad and perhaps he's confident that they'll actually improve it. Considering he's better placed to judge, I think we can rest a little bit easier, surely? I mean if this was the business done by Pardew, we'd have a good reason to panic, yes! But no, they were picked by a much better manager than the likes of Pardew.

It has nothing to do with Rafa and to be honest has nothing to do with him keeping us up or doing well, it's about the absolute cunt of an owner we have hamstringing us.

I'm not panicking, I'm almost past caring about what happens as it inevitably looks like whether we stay up or not, Rafa is away at the end of the season and the best chance we've ever had since Bobby to "wake the sleeping giant", win a trophy, or do anything which makes us love and feel proud of our club is gone.

Yeah, of course we should have done better, no one is denying that. But this doesn't mean that we necessarily have gone backwards.

I'm too resigned to Rafa leaving, but this doesn't mean that I don't want things to carry on business as usual as much as possible. Though if we go down this season, and that Rafa was leaving anyway, it wouldn't be the worse news in the world!

But why is not going backwards being seen as something we can be remotely happy with? We haven't went forward, Ashley has continued to pocket all the money from broadcasting, merchandise, gates etc. not to mention the advertising of his fucking tat everywhere.

If Rafa is leaving regardless, I couldn't give a fuck if we go down - it might actually be the straw that breaks the camels back both for him and the fans.

I never implied that. I was looking it at it with some degree of objectivity. (ie, there is no evidence, when it comes to directly comparing our Ins and Outs, that we've actually downgraded. Apart from maybe Merino, but he didn't really play a big part in the team's improvement towards the end of last season)

Poor - as in he's a player we went for. :lol:

Then who are the players people would be happy for? Any names?

I’m positive about this. Young, has pace, looks like he works hard. Will fit into the team. The PL is a league of pacy players anyway and our team really suffered without it last year. Having an outlet ball is huge for the way Benitez wants to play. I think he’ll be a good addition based on some Wise scouting.