Matz Sels

Guest hindu times

Guest neesy111

Wonder if we might try selling one of the other keepers and keeping Sels as cover if we can’t sell.

Darlow imo will need to be sold at some point if you have any interest of promoting woodman.

Wonder if we might try selling one of the other keepers and keeping Sels as cover if we can’t sell.

Darlow imo will need to be sold at some point if you have any interest of promoting woodman.

Sels is the one on a fat wedge, which is why he's been targeted for departure.

I'm for selling Darlow, too, who would fetch a better price than Eliott, you'd think. I'd be happy with the fat man and Woodman behind Dubravka, especially if we're looking to scrimp pennies.

Guest Howaythetoon

Maybe we had to pay him more to join a Championship club and Darlow was signed from Forest as someone for the future so I can see why Sels is on more money. I guarantee he won’t be on daft money though. I don’t think anyone at our club is!

I haven't seen enough of Sels to comment whether he’s worth sticking with or not. I do know Darlow and Elliott are not PL quality, however. They are Championship at best and even then they will be doing well as number 1s at that level.

Ideally we would get rid of all 3 and bring in an older experienced ‘keeper who would be happy to sit on the bench and be the bridge between Woodman and Dubravka, but someone who would also not embarrass himself when called upon.

Another Harper basically :lol:

Sels is younger than Darlow so Darlow can't really have been bought as 'one for the future'.

Sels is on 'daft' money in so far as he was the highest paid player in Belgium last season due to his NUFC salary. His wages are one of the reasons NUFC are struggling to get a decent transfer fee for him.

Guest Howaythetoon

Sels is younger than Darlow so Darlow can't really have been bought as 'one for the future'.

Sels is on 'daft' money in so far as he was the highest paid player in Belgium last season due to his NUFC salary. His wages are one of the reasons NUFC are struggling to get a decent transfer fee for him.

He was bought as one for the future when we bought him is my point, Darlow that is. Sels’ wages being higher than Darlow’s would make sense and agreed he’s on daft money for the Belgium league, but compared to the PL average he will be on pennies comparatively.

Not that that helps us in trying to get rid of him of course so I don’t know why I mentioned it.

He was the reigning Belgian Keeper of the Year and purchased for a record fee for a Keeper from the Belgian League. He’s going to be on better wages than Darlow, who was signed as a backup from the Championship.

• 5 weeks later...

Hope he fails tbh. Fucking miserable excuse for a goalkeeper, will never forgive him for his shitshow against Hull.

#jesuismatzsels

Agreed. A real shame he wasn't about there before the Hull game.